Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,941   Online: 1072

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Delta 400 @ Ei 200 in HC-110H

Hi All. I am about to trial Ilford Delta 400 and reckon to shoot it at 200 and develop very gently in HC-110 dilution H. Has anyone got any examples of this in 35mm ? to start with I will be using very little agitation and add more if the results are too flat. I reckon on 12 minutes @ 20c to start with and agitate every 4 minutes. This recipe works with Neopan 400 and Tri-X. but I would like to have an Ilford back up as insurance against future unavailability. Thanks in advance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check the following site for developing information http://www.covingtoninnovations.com/hc110
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I shot Delta 400 in 4x5 for the first time recently, and I exposed it at E.I. 200 as I used to with T-Max. It turned out to be significantly overexposed when developed 12 or so minutes in HC-110 dil. H. Your tests may vary, but you may find that 12 minutes is a tad too long. Maybe try 9 or 10 min. to start?

Then again, every time I have gone to someone else for developing advice I get more answers that I know what to do with. Good luck. I'm going to continue my tests so that when I make the inevitable switch to Ilford films I'll know what I'm doing.

Jonathan

EDIT: I should say that these 4x5 sheets were tank developed with five gentle inversions every thirty seconds after a first full minute of agitation at 68 degrees F.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    Check the following site for developing information http://www.covingtoninnovations.com/hc110
    Thanks Gerald.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoldslabs View Post
    I shot Delta 400 in 4x5 for the first time recently, and I exposed it at E.I. 200 as I used to with T-Max. It turned out to be significantly overexposed when developed 12 or so minutes in HC-110 dil. H. Your tests may vary, but you may find that 12 minutes is a tad too long. Maybe try 9 or 10 min. to start?

Then again, every time I have gone to someone else for developing advice I get more answers that I know what to do with. Good luck. I'm going to continue my tests so that when I make the inevitable switch to Ilford films I'll know what I'm doing.

Jonathan

EDIT: I should say that these 4x5 sheets were tank developed with five gentle inversions every thirty seconds after a first full minute of agitation at 68 degrees F.
    Thanks Jonathan. I will be using way less agitation than that. I hope to use it as a compensating developer. Five invertions to start then two at four minutes and two at eight minutes. I think I will bracket the first film.

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoldslabs View Post

Jonathan

Was that Ilford Delta 400 ? I thought it only excisted in 35 mm and 120 size. Delta 100 , FP4+ and HP5+ are available as sheet film as far as I know.

Karl-Gustaf
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    First roll developed and drying. At first glance everything looks good. I am looking forward to scanning them. Plenty of detail in shadows and highlights well held in check.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8003828516_9a6a9b0423_b.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	353.7 KB 
ID:	57430 Finally some results.. I am delighted with this.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8003829014_fa8a1b041a_b.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	276.7 KB 
ID:	57431 And again, I am over the moon with this. I cant believe how well this film handles contrasty subjects.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin