Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,874   Online: 1124

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kmallick View Post
    or maybe load two 120s in a reel and develop both in that 500ml soup?
    Yupp.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Henning Serger View Post
    Yupp.
    excellent! thanks.
    any advice on what time and inversion should I try for 2 rolls of APX 100 in 500mL soup?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    excellent! thanks.
    any advice on what time and inversion should I try for 2 rolls of APX 100 in 500mL soup?
    Well, generally I recommend evaluating the characteristic curve of your film - developer combination with a densitometer. So you get the optimal results for your individual situation: your agitation method, contrast according to whether you use an enlarger with diffusor, condensor or a mixed system.
    As starting point for the first test use the data sheet.
    In the data sheet you have two times: One for a 3 sec. agitation rhythm, and for a one minute agitation rhythm.
    I recommend using a one minute agitation rhythm: Gives best sharpness.

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Henning Serger View Post
    As starting point for the first test use the data sheet.
    In the data sheet you have two times: One for a 3 sec. agitation rhythm, and for a one minute agitation rhythm.
    Ahhh, ok! thats what the 3 sec and 1 min is for in the confusing datasheet. now that explains. thanks a lot.
    what do the .55 and .70 in the columns designate?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    what do the .55 and .70 in the columns designate?
    Contrast values the classic β beta. I would recommend reading up on the Characteristic Curve (H&D curve) and how it is used to determine the contrast value for a particular film/developer combination.
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 09-11-2012 at 04:46 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    Contrast values the classic β beta. I would recommend reading up on the Characteristic Curve (H&D curve) and how it is used to determine the contrast value for a particular film/developer combination.
    Thank you. Will do. But I wish Tetenal had some reference or short explanation in the datasheet. They assume it is for the experts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree the instruction sheet leaves much to be desired. It is more common in English speaking countries to use Γ gamma to represent contrast rather than beta.

Which contrast value to develop your negatives to, either 0.55 or 0.70, depends on the type of enlarger you use. The value 0.70 is used for diffusion type enlargers.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is that 3 sec agitation rhythm or 30 sec?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've always assumed that the 3 second agitation means inversion every 3 seconds for the whole duration as opposed to one inversion every minute.

Anyway, I use neofin blue a lot for the Adox/Efke emulsions and have used with Pan F as well. As standard I agitate slowly for the first 30 seconds then one agitation per minute. I use one bottle of concentrate diluted to make 500ml per roll of film.

Negs have a brilliant snap to them, fairly high contrast with Adox CHS 25 / 50 ( at 7 and 8 minutes dev time)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Neofin Bleu and Beutler 105 do indeed seem to be different animals. Another developer that may be closer to Neofin is BJ Dillute DK-50. Comparing several fomulas of this genre, it look very attractive.

BJ Dilute DK-50 high sharpness developer

Solution A
    Metol 2.5 g
    Hydroquinone 2.5 g
    Sodium sulfite, anh. 30 g
    Potassium bromide 500 mg
    WTM 1 l

Solution B
    Sodium metaborate 50 g
    WTM 1 l

Use as one-shot.
    Dilute 1:1:3 (A:B:water) for use (1:1:6 for tabular grain films)
    Variations
    Replace potassium bromide with 100 mg of potassium iodide.
    Replace sodium metaborate with carbonate - bicarbonate buffer (40 g sodium carbonate, 10 g sodium bicarbonate)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin