Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,760   Posts: 1,516,044   Online: 899

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clear Fomapan

Shooter
    Medium Format

Clear Fomapan

I developed 2 rolls of Arista EDU 100/ Fomapan 100 in 120 tonight and found an interesting surprise after I fixed the film. One film was blue as one would expect with Fomapan but the other roll was clear.

Not that this is an issue. Has anyone else seen this? What could be the explanation? Did they use a different base than normal?
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    They must have changed the film base. I just developed two more rolls and they are both clear as well.
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Very odd. Does the (lack of) blue base have an impact on filtration for multigrade paper?
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Foma is improving all their products, and this is really a good news
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    does this mean it will quit turning my fixer blue? I hate that ...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have no idea about if it changes filtration. I haven't been able to print yet. The developer still comes out blue-green but I never noticed a change in the fixer color.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just for the record: if the blue color actually leaches out into the dev or fixer, it is likely part of the emulsion, not the film base. Which in turn means Foma must have changed the emulsion!
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The blue in the developer is from the anti-halation coating. I always pre-soak to remove the coating before developing.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I really doubt the blue base leeched out into the water. I never used more than a brick of the AristaEDU, but the base always seemed pretty stable to me.

I moved to TMax when I ran into a whole bunch of it at a great deal. Now I'm searching, and wondering how the Foma quality might be improving.

I've been out of the loop for a while with family issues, and want to get back in the darkroom.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Arista EDU Ultra is still Foma, still good and cheap. I have probably 75 or so feet of Foma left on a bulk roll, love the stuff. I also have a pile of it in 120 and 4x5.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin