Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,510   Online: 1059

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Are you using the other filters to increase your contrast or are you sticking with #2 filter for all negs?

Different negs can require different filters, and you should be using them to see how the filters can be used to match your scenes.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for the responses. First, no...I don't smoke/never have (I actually don't even like being near someone who's smoking outside) Now I can't be 100% sure about the gentleman I got the enlarger from, from our brief meeting he didn't seem to be a smoker, but I have cleaned the lenses since. I purchases the ilford filters and have yet to use them. Based on Kevin's advice I'll need to trim them to fit the filter holder (they're 3.5x3.5 but the holder is smaller.) I do have Ilford's reference guide (tnx to Ian) and another related book I bought from another APUG member. Plan for today is to remix fresh chemicals...reprint the images that I'm not happy with and if time permits start with the filters. Any tips on trimming them so as not to damage them? I have a very basic paper cutter, regular scissors and some exacto knives but I think I may need a sharp pair of crafting scissors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin