Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,906   Posts: 1,630,540   Online: 903

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fomapan 100(135) came good with Rodinal 1+50(300ml + 6ml) but the agitation was according to the article.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum216/...-negative.html

15 mins: Three inversions at the beginning and three at every 5th minute @20° C and this prints very well on MCP 310 with Focomat Ic.

Note: I shot mostly during day time in Italy with Yellow-Green filter and my incident reading was EV 14 @ISO 50(filter compensation).

Unfortunaltey, I do not own any scanner yet to show some samples.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by baachitraka View Post
    Fomapan 100(135) came good with Rodinal 1+50(300ml + 6ml) but the agitation was according to the article.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum216/...-negative.html
    How do your negatives look? I've found that Fomapan 100 and Rodinal 1+50 gives me negatives that I just know will print well.
    The Online Darkroom
    www.theonlinedarkroom.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Robbins View Post
    How do your negatives look? I've found that Fomapan 100 and Rodinal 1+50 gives me negatives that I just know will print well.
    If I compare with APX 100, Fomapan 100 is slightly contrasty when developed for 15 mins and I personally like it for its grain. My printing size is up to 8x10 inches.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    about 70-75% shorter developer times
    Is it just me or does that sound like you are suggesting developing times that are 70-75% of normal. Such as, instead of 10 minutes use 2.5 to 3 minutes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think he meant 25-30% shorter
    Good catch there mw, it took me a reread for it to sink in.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think he meant 25-30% shorter
    I am sure that is what Ian meant.
    Just wanted to make there was no confusion.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Agree completely with Ian. The film isn't contrasty, it just needs adequate exposure and less development than many other films.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ian is correct. I shoot Fomapan 100 at 50. I develop in Rodinal 1+50 for 8 mins and I get good negatives from it. They have good shadow detail and good highlight detail.
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Instead of starting a new thread i`m going to tag a few questions onto this one.
    I am about to try some foma 100, so this thread has been helpful.
    What is the 200 like? I see that some strongly suggest shooting this film at 50.Does the same apply for the 200, half the speed also?
    Also I have been using microphen exclusively, any reason why I should change if I decide to use a lot of this film, i am considering buying bulk rolls if all goes well.
    Which leads to next question.
    Re - loadable cassettes, how many times can i expect to use each cassette before light leaks become a problem.
    I have seen some new stock kood plastic cassettes. Some say plastic, some say metal, but surely new ones would be the best option.
    regards

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes, the 200 works best (in my experience) at about 100 or 125.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin