Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,934   Online: 931

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Swensson View Post
    Instead of starting a new thread i`m going to tag a few questions onto this one.
    I am about to try some foma 100, so this thread has been helpful.
    What is the 200 like? I see that some strongly suggest shooting this film at 50.Does the same apply for the 200, half the speed also?
    Also I have been using microphen exclusively, any reason why I should change if I decide to use a lot of this film, i am considering buying bulk rolls if all goes well.
    Which leads to next question.
    Re - loadable cassettes, how many times can i expect to use each cassette before light leaks become a problem.
    I have seen some new stock kood plastic cassettes. Some say plastic, some say metal, but surely new ones would be the best option.
    regards
    Microphen should be fine with Fomapan 200, they have published similar Fine Grain PQ developers themselves and give times for Microphen. Like Fomapan 100 I shoot the 200 at half the box speed and get excellent results.

If you check the light seals re-loadable cassetes can be used many times I'd guess I used some of mine 20-30 times, probably more. I always shecked the velvet light trap wasn't lifting at the corners and made sure it was clean and the pile of the velvet wasn't becoming compressed. That way I never had an problem.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thank you Polygot and Ian.Just the info I was after.I had read somewhere that 7-10 was maximum for the cassettes, but I did wonder at the economics of that number.cheers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin