Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,966   Posts: 1,523,364   Online: 1214

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    127 Format
    Some people seem determined to make other people's choices for them.

You threaten to sue Foma. Isn't it easier for you to just make your choice to not buy their film?

In the end, your suit would fail because you are not qualified to determine the expiration or best-used-by date for this film. Each producer is free to make those determinations.

I will order 10 rolls of Foma today to display my support.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Didn't Kodak do this for almost a decade with Tech Pan, and for 4 years with Kodachrome?

I don't think that this is all that uncommon, especially with low-volume stock.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    IMHO it only really matters if the "expiry" date is later than it should be - i.e. the film will have lost quality before it reaches that date.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    My issue with Foma has nothing to do with expiration dates, its the soft emulsion. But I am working on a way around that issue. Personally I love the look of their film, the best way for me to describe it is "rich", it seems to have a really wide tonal range. I intend to buy more very soon, once my DIY drying cabinet is done.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    Some people seem determined to make other people's choices for them.

You threaten to sue Foma. Isn't it easier for you to just make your choice to not buy their film?
    I'm confused. Where did Alessandro advocate suing Foma? I noticed he said they can be sued, but that doesn't even constitute a hint that he has any inclination to do so. Nor is he suggesting anyone else do so. Am I missing something?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Krueger View Post
    I'm confused. Where did Alessandro advocate suing Foma? I noticed he said they can be sued, but that doesn't even constitute a hint that he has any inclination to do so. Nor is he suggesting anyone else do so. Am I missing something?
    That's right up to the last word.
    I don't want to sue Foma and I will continue to use their products until they either stop producing them or they mess around with them up to the point of being unusable.
    So far I've had not a problem with Foma films or paper.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin