Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,661   Online: 979

Thread: Forte Redux

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Forte Redux

I've read on the pure-silver mailing list (Dec. 13th) that a buyer (so far unnamed) has been found for Forte, and that they will be restarting production in early 2005, with higher volume output being reached sometime in April.

Can anyone verify this?

The person on pure-silver indicated that Fotoimpex was his source of this (hopefully) good news.
    Cheers!

-klm.

Quote Originally Posted by KenM
    I've read on the pure-silver mailing list (Dec. 13th) that a buyer (so far unnamed) has been found for Forte, and that they will be restarting production in early 2005, with higher volume output being reached sometime in April.

Can anyone verify this?

The person on pure-silver indicated that Fotoimpex was his source of this (hopefully) good news.
    Forte has resumed production under the supervision of the receiver and is working towards full production. There is an investor who is likely to infuse cash into the company in exchange for assets and they will remain un-named until they chose to reveal themselves.

Shooter
    Large Format
    That is good news, I hope. I prefer Forte Fortezzo over Oriental Seagull graded papers (though both are preferable to Ilford, Kodak, etc.). It would be nice if just once when settling on a product that it doesn't disappear (the Photo God is a jokester).
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Without knowing this, I called thye greek dealer of Forte about paper that Tim Rudman made be drool about and he shocked me by telling me that they have almost nothing in stock. So I really do hope they make it through and we have something soon!
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hope this means that J&C Classic 200 and 400 will be back in stock, I'd hate to lose that film...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On a recent order from Freestyle (one of our very own sponsors) I had ordered some Forte 11x14 and 8x10. These items showed up as backorder, then the 11x14 and then the 8x10 showed up. Fast. Don't know how they did it, but looks like the supply chain is up and running and 'HOPE' that this means we will see more and more of Forte's products back.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    35mm RF
    It looks like Freestyle is out of their Arista.EDU 400 films in 35mm. I hope that any supply issues with Forte are resolved soon. I'm just beginning to like the film.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin