Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,884   Posts: 1,520,527   Online: 828

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Felinik View Post
    H.S. ??
    High school. Here in the states we do elementary for 1-6 grades, junior high 7-9, and high school is 10-12, those aren't ages, most kids are 18 yrs old upon graduation.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    High school. Here in the states we do elementary for 1-6 grades, junior high 7-9, and high school is 10-12, those aren't ages, most kids are 18 yrs old upon graduation.
    In some states like here in Missouri the jr./sr. High schools are split 7-8/9-12.

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I notice the same thing jenni. By the way, my sister is a Jenni - although now that she's a grown up (40), she goes by Jennifer... But I still get to call her Jenni. I like Jenni.

I am trying to become a different type of shooter; moving on from portraiture and on to more PJ stuff and arty conceptual things. I cannot shoot anything without an emotional attachment, though. Most women are like that, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni View Post
    Actually I was quoting the famous line from Apocalypse Now, it's Kilgore's quote "I love the smell of napalm in the morning" I love the lighting in that move some of the best lighting on the silver screen. I didn't love the movie though but I do use that quote for many different things. I'll bet you a dollar Sarge got the quote from the same movie.

I do notice one thing different, and this is only an observation I have seen. Women tend to photograph portraiture, while men are more apt to do nature and architecture. I could be wrong. But from what I can tell women want the human connection. I have not poked around ya'll galleries to see if I'm right but I'd wager on that too.

So back on track, thank you all for your advice and help with me troubles, Thank you very much I shall soon be a ninja in the darkroom .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    I notice the same thing jenni. By the way, my sister is a Jenni - although now that she's a grown up (40), she goes by Jennifer... But I still get to call her Jenni. I like Jenni.

I am trying to become a different type of shooter; moving on from portraiture and on to more PJ stuff and arty conceptual things. I cannot shoot anything without an emotional attachment, though. Most women are like that, I think.
    I do go by Jennifer it's just in the apug world that I am Jenni :0)

Nice to meet you Katie (the name of my second daughter should I be blessed with one). I too have been wanting to branch out. I've been shooting portraiture for the last 22 years and I feel it's time to try doing some things that are still feminine but still life. You know the flowers and the fruit type of thing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I do go by Jennifer it's just in the apug world that I am Jenni :0)

Nice to meet you Katie (the name of my second daughter should I be blessed with one). I too have been wanting to branch out. I've been shooting portraiture for the last 22 years and I feel it's time to try doing some things that are still feminine but still life. You know the flowers and the fruit type of thing.
    Jennifer (I'll stop using Jenni even though Katie likes it... )

If you want to branch out and do something different, can I recommend looking at the work of Marianne Priest? She's an APUG subscriber since the beginning of time (almost), and does some really interesting things. She goes by Mayfair710 here; you should be able to find her gallery contributions pretty quickly by visiting her profile.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Jennifer (I'll stop using Jenni even though Katie likes it... )

If you want to branch out and do something different, can I recommend looking at the work of Marianne Priest? She's an APUG subscriber since the beginning of time (almost), and does some really interesting things. She goes by Mayfair710 here; you should be able to find her gallery contributions pretty quickly by visiting her profile.
    Thanks! I took a look at her gallery! Very nice work. There is a subtext to her work... Very nice. Thanks for sharing!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks! I took a look at her gallery! Very nice work. There is a subtext to her work... Very nice. Thanks for sharing!
    What I like about her work is that it isn't as 'usual' as a lot of still life work is. Like you say, a subtext, or voice, comes through in all of her work. Glad you liked it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had so much fun testing my film that I tested ALL of it!!! The results are great, now I know what I need to do to each type of film to get proper negatives. I'm shooting Thursday--- a couple of models and I'll try printing next week. wish me luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had so much fun testing my film that I tested ALL of it!!! The results are great, now I know what I need to do to each type of film to get proper negatives. I'm shooting Thursday--- a couple of models and I'll try printing next week. wish me luck!
    All right!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    All right!
    I emailed you.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin