Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,697   Posts: 1,482,544   Online: 896

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mweintraub View Post
    I've joined a local MakerSpace group that has a robotics group and many other DIY machines including a laser cutter and 3D printer. I'm taking an Arduino "class" tomorrow and now I'm thinking of doing some sort of device to help me process film. I'm not looking to automate the entire process, but something to help create a consistent process would be great.
    Have a look at the Arduino forums and specifically at the PID library and accompanying article. For temperature control I would recommend having a look at digital sensors like the DS1820 to start out; getting better accuracy will cost you. Simplest/safest heater-element control is a pre-assembled relay system like powerswitchtail.

See also the f/stop timer linked in my signature

Shooter
    Medium Format
    polyglot,

Yes, I've been looking at that sensor actually. I found it pretty cheap.

I just watched this and got my juices flowing with ideas.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GS0OVcAA3M

I'm new to hardware design/development, but not software development. I can't wait for the intro Arduino class tomorrow and I hope it helps me understand what I need to know to get this project off the ground.

Yes, I saw that PowerSwitch Tail device too which looks awesome. I also thought about having an all in one control unit, so I'll have to think about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin