Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,120   Online: 1123

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Arduino for developing film

Has anybody ever seen arduino project for making automated tank agitator? I am not familiar with arduino but people seem to make everything out of its code now. I saw a project to stabilize the chemicals temperature but that;s it
    It will be nice if there is a DIY project so I can put the film in the tank and let the machine do the agitation while I watch TV.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The described project was built with a Paterson tank stick twisting agitator.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/1...-magazine.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And if the DIY approach doesn't work out, you could always try one of these:

TAS Film Processor

(There is a link to the User Manual at the bottom of the page.)

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You could do it pretty easily with an Arduino and a large servo for flipping the tank over. You'd be looking at investing in a lot of plumbing and annoying mechanical stuff if you wanted the controller to automatically fill and dump the chemistry at the correct time. If you're interested in it, I recommend dropping $20 on eBay for an arduino and having a play with it.

I use the Arduino to implement my open-source f/stop timer.

If you want a machine to agitate while you watch TV, a Jobo is a really good start. It doesn't support (semi-)stand development though, only continuous agitation. On the upside, it can use much less chemistry if you like using undiluted solvent developers.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks! Definitely will look to small duemilanova and its implementation

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burk View Post
    The described project was built with a Paterson tank stick twisting agitator.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/1...-magazine.html
    What I know from this example is that it doesn't automatically pump the chemicals in the tank.

Im currently starting a similar project for a Personal FILMLAB, but want to bring it a step further. Adruino components will be used to control a preset temperature and chemicals will be pumped into a rotary tank at the right time. The machine has to be able to run the program and automatically develop a max of 5 rolls of 35mm film, 3 rolls of 120 film, 12 sheets of 4x5" film C41, E6 and BW. Chemicals UNLIKE in the Jobo ATL processors will be pumped back in residuary tanks to be reused for further processing.

Things are starting up now and Im currently waiting for a series of parts. The progress from design to construction can be seen on the following blog:
    http://minutephotolab.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MFstooges View Post
    Has anybody ever seen arduino project for making automated tank agitator? I am not familiar with arduino but people seem to make everything out of its code now. I saw a project to stabilize the chemicals temperature but that;s it
    It will be nice if there is a DIY project so I can put the film in the tank and let the machine do the agitation while I watch TV.
    All Jobo ATL machines do all that, and have a huge amount of resources, drums and reels available...
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cvansas View Post
    What I know from this example is that it doesn't automatically pump the chemicals in the tank.

Im currently starting a similar project for a Personal FILMLAB, but want to bring it a step further. Adruino components will be used to control a preset temperature and chemicals will be pumped into a rotary tank at the right time. The machine has to be able to run the program and automatically develop a max of 5 rolls of 35mm film, 3 rolls of 120 film, 12 sheets of 4x5" film C41, E6 and BW. Chemicals UNLIKE in the Jobo ATL processors will be pumped back in residuary tanks to be reused for further processing.

Things are starting up now and Im currently waiting for a series of parts. The progress from design to construction can be seen on the following blog:
    http://minutephotolab.wordpress.com
    ALL ATL machines pump and separate the used chemistry in to "residual" collection bottles, for later "reuse or careful disposal".

The ATL 1000/1500 have a more limited ability in that they need a special attachment to do that.
    CatLABS of JP

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    all that said, welcome to the club of aspiring film processor makers. There are about a dozen threads with the same concept as your suggestion (with slight variance between them), though non, to date have actually done anything of the suggested plans.

As with all of those, and this in particular - i think its a great idea (albeit redundant in light of a product that does all that and is already in existence) and wish you good luck and look forward to seeing your creation in real life!
    CatLABS of JP

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've joined a local MakerSpace group that has a robotics group and many other DIY machines including a laser cutter and 3D printer. I'm taking an Arduino "class" tomorrow and now I'm thinking of doing some sort of device to help me process film. I'm not looking to automate the entire process, but something to help create a consistent process would be great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin