Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,802   Online: 829

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Moersch SE4 Neutral Paper Developer

Hi everyone,
    Did anyone has ever try Moersch SE4 Neutral Paper Developer? Can you give me your impressions about this developer? Is it comparable to Dektol?
    Thank you Jacques

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jacques, is there a specific direction you wanted to explore vs Dektol? Colder, warmer etc?

I tried SE4 and couldn't really see a difference in image characteristics vs Dektol. Actually that is the conclusion I came to any time I tried different neutral print developers, so I always end up back with Dektol. I believe SE4 has a longer tray life and higher print capacity than Dektol, but then again so do many other neutral and/or neutral-cold developers like Liquidol, LPD, Ansco 130 etc. I personally don't care about tray life since my printing sessions have never been long enough to exhaust Dektol anyway, so SE4 would simply be an expensive alternative.

I did recently buy some SE3 which I wanted to try with MGWT to see if it would cool it slightly vs Dektol, but I haven't had the time yet. My guess is it will look like Dektol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    ...I did recently buy some SE3 which I wanted to try with MGWT to see if it would cool it slightly vs Dektol, but I haven't had the time yet...
    It's Moersch SE6 developer you ought to try with MBWT FB. Results at 1+15 (3 minutes at 68 degrees F or some equivalent combination) are dead neutral. After 2 minutes 15 seconds at 73 degrees F in HARMAN selenium toner 1+9, the perfect (to my taste) slightest hint of warmth returns. I'm loving printing 320TXP negatives on this combination!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I don't have any specific reason to switch, I am just curious about the developer.
    jacques

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    why not try to mix your own. that gives you maximum control over image hue.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like Neutral SE4 alot. It certainly does last long in the tray. I have very, very little experience with Dektol (used it once I think ).
    It gives a good maximum black as far as I am concerned. I have plotted it with Foma 111 and Kentmere VC and it has become my favourite paper developer. Albeit I have not used it with other papers like Ilford till now.
    I could certainly recommend it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin