Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,760   Posts: 1,516,077   Online: 901

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rodinal is generally considered to be, if anything, a speed losing developer rather than a speed enhancing developer. How set are you on sticking with Rodinal?

Shooter
    35mm
    Rodinal stand.

I did the same with chs100. Everybody on the board said throw it out. I got very interesting results with Rodinal stand.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Underexposed by 4 stops.. Can i save the roll?

Quote Originally Posted by alanrockwood View Post
    Rodinal is generally considered to be, if anything, a speed losing developer rather than a speed enhancing developer. How set are you on sticking with Rodinal?
    Rodinal has the ability to be used extremely dilute. This can give extremely long developing times.
    The shadow detail when developing film is not a constant as many believe, the longer the film is in the developer, the more shadow detail you get. Normally the midtones and shadows develop more too, but because you agitate so seldom, the developer exhausts itself in those areas that received more exposure.
    So using Rodinal at 1+200 for 90 minutes or so really CAN dig out amazing shadow detail. It's the most extreme compensating development I know of, and it actually works quite well.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    RAF Pyro Metol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin