Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,753   Posts: 1,483,900   Online: 1207

Shooter
    Medium Format

weird Kodak film names?

So i'm developing some Tmax 100 and notice the times for 'Kodak Professional TMAX 100 is 6 1/2 mins
    BUT
    TMAX professional 100 is 9 mins . ???? wha?
    my film cans say the first one. Actually just look at expired can it says TMAX 100 in big letters, then PROFESSIONAL.
    Is that the diff? the older stuff is developed shorter?
    Why didnt they name it TMAX-2 or something? confuuusing! thanks
    ez

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What developer are you using, and at what temperature?

It is true that 10 years ago Kodak changed the films, how they are named and the recommended times.

Here is the older technical information sheet, with the prominent Discontinuance Notice: http://wwwcaen.kodak.com/global/en/p...bs/f32/f32.pdf

EDIT: The name change was from the old: Kodak T-Max 100 Professional Film to the new: Kodak Professional T-Max 100 Film

The labelling changed at the same time, including adding a warning about new times on the packages.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I used TMAX dev in the times shown above. Wow i guess this expired film is older than i thought! Still came out ok tho. thanks

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin