Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,469   Posts: 1,570,908   Online: 970

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Anyone tried the new Multigrade Portfolio paper?

Ilford changed the base of their Portfolio RC paper last year. The new base is said to be whiter and heavier. Has anyone tried the new pearl version of the paper? I'm going trough some photographs made on the 'original' Portfolio paper and I really like the heavy base as the prints feel quite different.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have not tried the Ilford portfolio RC but am happy to hear about a whiter heavier base! I will have to order some and give it a try! I enjoy using RC for 5x7 and 8x10 work. I'm curious as to why Ilford doesn't make a warmtone version of portfolio RC.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by brian steinberger View Post
    I'm curious as to why Ilford doesn't make a warmtone version of portfolio RC.
    In the U.K. postcard paper which is slightly less than 6x4 but is portfolio paper is now about $70 per 100 sheet box, add the percentage increase in price that warmtone RC seems command over normal MGIV then compute what this would be in 5x7 or heaven forbid 8x10 and that may be the answer as to why Ilford doesn't make a warmtone version of Portfolio RC. No-one would buy it

In the U.S. of course the Ilford pricing policy might mean that these prices would be nothing like as high

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    In the U.K. postcard paper which is slightly less than 6x4 but is portfolio paper is now about $70 per 100 sheet box, add the percentage increase in price that warmtone RC seems command over normal MGIV then compute what this would be in 5x7 or heaven forbid 8x10 and that may be the answer as to why Ilford doesn't make a warmtone version of Portfolio RC. No-one would buy it

In the U.S. of course the Ilford pricing policy might mean that these prices would be nothing like as high

pentaxuser
    Why not? Portfolio is about the same price as the MG IV FB, a warmtone Portfolio would probably be in the MG FB WARMTONE range minus Washaid, water and the extra work involved

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin