Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,065   Online: 960

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Across in Pyrocat.

Across in Pyro-cat HD? Probably been discussed but I have come into a quantity of Across and have not used it a lot, so interested in the processing side. I have used it with Rodinal but was wondering how it goes in Pyrocat. Any comments/suggestions gratefully welcomed
    Tony.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use that combination. Works great. What do you need for info?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Works excellent in Pyrocat. I run it 12 minutes 1:1:100 at 72 with great results.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Works excellent in Pyrocat. I run it 12 minutes 1:1:100 at 72 with great results.
    Thanks Klainmeister, that's what I needed to know...give that a try.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is I think Sandy King's favourite combination. Like Klainmester I've used Acros & Pyrocat at 1+1to 100 at box speed, my dev time would be a touch longer, but not significantly -- 15mins @ 20°C

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    This is I think Sandy King's favourite combination. Like Klainmester I've used Acros & Pyrocat at 1+1to 100 at box speed, my dev time would be a touch longer, but not significantly -- 15mins @ 20°C

Ian
    Ian, I also found the published times far to short for my Acros/Pyrocat combo. I kind of cheated when I first tried the two out by not running a test. I figured that Acros was cheap and Pyrocat was super cheap so I just shot a roll and ran it at 10 min. Negs were printable, but not great. Four rolls later I was up to 14 min and that's where I've been since, but I actually think I could go just a hair longer. Or I might just try a dilution of 2:2:100 on a practice roll and see how it prints. I'm souping at 70 degrees and using a condenser light source. It's a very easy combination, but I think I like Acros in Xtol replenished better for most things. Acros is really a great film considering the price. JohnW

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I print with a variable head with no issues at 12 minutes--but on scenes where I need more shadow detail, I will add a full stop. If a scene is super contrasty, I develop a little shorter (10-11 min) and for low contrast, go up to 25 minutes.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tried a roll of 35mm, rated at 80, and developed for 12mins 1:1:100 and the negs look great. Although I agree that for shadow detail you could drop that speed to 50 or so,I'll keep trying.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My experience is that I get closer to box speed with Pyrocat HD compared to the same films in Rodinal or Xtol, the only exceptions are Fomapan 100 & 200.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tony lockerbie View Post
    Tried a roll of 35mm, rated at 80, and developed for 12mins 1:1:100 and the negs look great. Although I agree that for shadow detail you could drop that speed to 50 or so,I'll keep trying.
    Print it first. Sometimes I look at the neg and think "Crap, messed up exposure or developing" but once I try a print, it's brilliant. Acros and Pyrocat, to me, seems very forgiving, and what I mean is that you don't have to be perfect to get a workable negative. I've been using no meter now for a while and getting excellent images.
    K.S. Klain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin