Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,466   Online: 752

Shooter
    35mm

New Adox Silvermax developer

Is there anyone who can tell me what are the new features of this developer?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think it's possibly just a marketing ploy to get people to spend more money on Adox products. Silvermax sounds great - and all credit to Adox - but I don't think there's anything different about the emulsion that would require a new developer. It would be good if Adox could clear this up. I think good old D76 will be as good as anything.
    The Online Darkroom
    www.theonlinedarkroom.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro Serrao View Post
    Is there anyone who can tell me what are the new features of this developer?
    It's a special developer for the new Adox Silvermax Film: http://www.adox.de/english/ADOX%20Fi...MAX_index.html

If you want to use other developers with that film :

ADONAL/Rodinal 1+25: 8 Min.
    ADONAL/Rodinal 1+50: 12 Min.
    ATOMAL: 8-10 Min.
    D 76/ID 11: 9 Min.
    HC-110: 7 Min.
    FX-39: 8 Min.
    XTOL: 7 Min.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Bundesphotograph View Post
    It's a special developer for the new Adox Silvermax Film: http://www.adox.de/english/ADOX%20Fi...MAX_index.html

If you want to use other developers with that film :

ADONAL/Rodinal 1+25: 8 Min.
    ADONAL/Rodinal 1+50: 12 Min.
    ATOMAL: 8-10 Min.
    D 76/ID 11: 9 Min.
    HC-110: 7 Min.
    FX-39: 8 Min.
    XTOL: 7 Min.
    Why is it so special?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mirko har already explained this here in this post: http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1394949

---
    So compared to APX you will get more DMAX and a slightly higher contrast apart ofcourse from the different base.
    This is why we formulated the Silvermax developer with it. This developer is soft working similar to our ADOTECH developer and optimized for Silvermax.
    If you use both you get instantly very good results and (hopefully) can see the difference to "normal" fims.
    While "normal" in this context means a film designed as a negative film with just as much coating (silver cotent) as nevessary to achive good DMAX for regular printing work
    ---

No one will market a new product without wanting it to sell. I am happy for any new analogue product, and I will certainly test the new developer to see what it does. But I'm sure D-76 will work fine.

Trond

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So Silvermax is a little more contrasty than APX 100 and the Adox developer is soft working. Nothing there that can't be handled by D76 or Rodinal. I did a quick calculation and worked out that the Adox developer would cost 53p per film to develop and D76 at 1+1 20p. That sounds like a big difference but is less than a penny per frame for a 36 exposure film. However, it all adds up. Ten films developed in D76 saves enough to buy another film. Personally, I'd have to see something special in the Silvermax/Adox combination to set D76 or Rodinal aside.
    The Online Darkroom
    www.theonlinedarkroom.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin