Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,948   Posts: 1,557,855   Online: 796

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chemicals Help

Shooter
    35mm

Chemicals Help

Hi not sure if you anyone might able to help me but I have just bought some new chemicals to developed my B+W film and paper prints. I was wondering if you might be able to help me sort out how to mix them up for use and what ones to use with the role film and what ones to use with developing paper .The film I am wanting to developed is a Kodak B+W Tmax 100 and the paper I am using is Ilford MGIV RC Multigrade 5x7 and what times I need to use. sorry if I have asked to much

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Please give a detailed list of the chemicals you bought.

Most chemicals come with mixing instructions and some notes on how to use them, but I'm sure people here will be able to help if they know what you have.

Michael

Shooter
    35mm
    The chemicals are all Ilford

Ilford Ilfosol 3
    Ilford Multiade
    Ilford Rapid Fixer
    Ilford Ilfostop

Shooter
    Multi Format
    untie your hands and read the instructions!
    vive la resistance!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Shooter
    Medium Format
    All Ilford chemicals come with very good instructions, read them and follow them, but with Multigrade dilute 1/9 for 1 litre 100 ml then add water to litre,for the fixer dilute 1/9 for paper and 1/4 for film. stop and ilfosol follow the very good instructions

Shooter
    35mm
    The big problem i am having is i dont understand what it means by 1+9 or 1+19

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When mixing chems, remember to clearly label the bottles you are storing the solutions in. Also, mix two seperate batches of fix and stop. Use one bottle of each for film and paper and never use paper chems on film, this avoids debris contamination to film.

The dilutions are just as stated, 1 part stock chem plus 19 parts water for a total of 20 parts. 1 fluid oz chem plus 19 fluid oz water to make 20fluid oz of solution.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by morrisphotos123 View Post
    The big problem i am having is i dont understand what it means by 1+9 or 1+19
    1+9 means to mix 1 part of the concentrate in the bottle with 9 parts of water (for a total of 10 parts) to make a working solution. For example, 100ml + 900ml to make 1000ml (1 liter) of working solution.

1+3, 1+19, etc. are similar: 1 part whatever to 3 or 19 parts water to make a working solution.

I'd recommend that you read up on everything before doing any actual developing. It seems you are not familiar enough with the basics to jump into processing. Take the time you need to be reasonably confident that you know how the process works before trying it out in order to avoid mistakes.
    And, don't hesitate to ask questions here and elsewhere if you need to.

Good luck,

Doremus

www.DoremusScudder.com

Shooter
    35mm
    so does itmean if it says 1+14 is that 100ml chemical and 1400ml water

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin