Switch to English Language Passer en langue franįaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,222   Online: 945

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Cobalt Hexammine and Hydrogen Peroxide are known to be heterogeneous catalysts in color development, but this is not what you are looking for.

Ah yes, good old RX chemistry!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by martellsv View Post
    I think is possible put traces of Gold, in the emulsion to sensitize it e.g,
    As already explained by PhotoEngineer, this is done during coating, not during development. It's an almost 80 year old technique. Since it is already done, rest assured that there is no need to add extra. Film manufacturers generally know their trade ....
    i have experimented with iron compounds (other reasons and sorry i havenīt seen the effect you have described)....
    You have experimented with iron compounds, not with metallic iron, there's a big difference. Iron compounds, depending on their concentration, membership in a complex and their oxidation state, will either develop silver halide or bleach silver. This is all described in common photographic literature.
    I think it could be chemicali possible to fatten the silver... with metal incorporating it into the filaments of silver with very few traces (but this is not the reason)...
    To give you some perspective: PhotoEngineer, our leading expert here on APUG, wrote a book which describes how to make and coat emulsions. It's the best and most advanced publicly available book we have on this topic. His top emulsion reaches ISO 40 with common developers. Compare this to Tri-X (ISO 400) and Delta 3200 (ISO 1200), and you see how far we are behind with our amateur means. Let's be realistic, "fattening silver" is not going to improve Tri-X.
    A catalist is possible with very few quantities to neutralize the barrier ?????
    That's exactly what Phenidone and Metol do. Supposedly some tertiary ammines do it as well, but to my best knowledge they are not used in commercially available developers.
    I think like explain the hydroquinone cuestion...thanks
    There is no hydroquinone question. This compound has been around for over hundred years and is very well understood. Developers have been formulated with hydroquinone alone. Haist's book describes its development action under high pH where it develops alone. It doesn't really do anything special.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Medium Format

On equestion

It is late, i have a beer and soon i will go to the bed, but, i will only say that my dear friend Noelia Ortiz,
    chemical engineer who phoned yesterday has said me it's possible, stimulate benezo ring and the rest...

As already explained by PhotoEngineer, this is done during coating, not during development. It's an almost 80 year old technique. Since it is already done, rest assured that there is no need to add extra. Film manufacturers generally know their trade ....
    A lot of compounds that you use in a developer has been shared, and used in a emulsion...don't you know? See Agfa APX 100 and 400 developed in the same time...
    Use a catalist is possible "Si se puede". Iam tired it's late tomorrow see you... thanks a lot

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You have experimented with iron compounds, not with metallic iron
    Catalist. I have never said i have the reason, i am only tring to understand.
    For example in industrial applications, certain iron compounds has been used like catalist, not metallic Iron (not heterogeneus catalist)
    Photographic aplication of Iron Compounds:
    For Example, SLIMT D. Kachel (Prebath) an Iron (II) compound, When i tried i havenīt seen black points or similar...

To give you some perspective: PhotoEngineer, our leading expert here on APUG, wrote a book which describes how to make and coat emulsions. It's the best and most advanced publicly available book we have on this topic. His top emulsion reaches ISO 40 with common developers. Compare this to Tri-X (ISO 400) and Delta 3200 (ISO 1200), and you see how far we are behind with our amateur means. Let's be realistic, "fattening silver" is not going to improve Tri-X.
    PhotoEngineer is wonderfull, perhaps the main reason to write in APUG... Thanks
    Fatten the silver, more compact filaments if you see an enlargement with microscope, or see how is the reflection of the light,
    all combined with Hydroquinone like only agent developer (perhaps with little PD), is like a Harley Davidson compared to
    Yamaha e.g. this is noticiable with 100, 400 Iso not 25 or 50 iso...

Another thing, if its works the catalist why donīt use it? if not i have learnt a lot with you...
    I am sure you have developed a Tri-x 4"x5" with D-76 homemade, ok now put 11 grs. of Hydroquinone,
    observe the seperation and the density of higligths there is a great diference... (Hydroquinone has nothing to do? really...)

That's exactly what Phenidone and Metol do
    the next question is the speed enhance?
    because i used the PD like that patent 0,016 but i think is possible the catalist reduce the developement time 12' to
    10' or 8' i doīt know.

happy to think about your knowledges.thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Catalist. I have never said i have the reason, i am only tring to understand. For example in industrial applications, certain iron compounds has been used like catalist, not metallic Iron (not heterogeneus catalist) Photographic aplication of Iron Compounds: For Example, SLIMT D. Kachel (Prebath) an Iron (II) compound, When i tried i havenīt seen black points or similar...
    David Kachel suggested a range of compounds for contracting contrast, Fe-II was not among them. Anyway, you will get some development from Fe-II but shouldn't get fogging. Your original suggestion was to deposit metal onto the silver grains, and I maintain that this will cause trouble one way or another.
    Fatten the silver, more compact filaments if you see an enlargement with microscope, or see how is the reflection of the light, all combined with Hydroquinone like only agent developer (perhaps with little PD), is like a Harley Davidson compared to Yamaha e.g. this is noticiable with 100, 400 Iso not 25 or 50 iso...
    You still owe us the source for your obsession with Hydroquinone only developers. As mentioned before, HQ is a very well understood compound in photo chemistry. You most likely won't get a Ducati with an HQ only developer.
    Another thing, if its works the catalist why donīt use it?
    I'd say: go for it!
    I am sure you have developed a Tri-x 4"x5" with D-76 homemade, ok now put 11 grs. of Hydroquinone, observe the seperation and the density of higligths there is a great diference... (Hydroquinone has nothing to do? really...)
    Actually, with the low pH of D-76, the Hydroquinone doesn't do nearly as much as you think, and Grant Haist formulated a version of D-76 completely without Hydroquinone but otherwise the same properties! If you just look for higher contrast, there already exist many published and well working recipes for high(er) contrast, no need to mess with D-76.
    the next question is the speed enhance?
    because i used the PD like that patent 0,016 but i think is possible the catalist reduce the developement time 12' to
    10' or 8' i doīt know.
    See the patent search I linked to previously. You can develop in less than 1 minute if film speed, grain and sharpness are no concern to you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    II would like to talk about chemical i think thare is a especific catalist compounds to halides (not heterogeneus)
    I have supoused and assumed that if someone answered my post should know the catalysts is not necessarily a metal could be as metallic deposit
    but starting from a compound having one metal in the case of halides.
    David Kachel suggested a range of compounds for contracting contrast, Fe-II was not among them
    OK is FE-III, sorry a typewriting mistake (your eagle eye) , but have you seen the mottled with black spots with SLIMT NOOOOO!!!! (if well done) you are Wrong in this point... metal is possible And sorry have you ever introduced in your formula Cd, K, Na i think....? jajajajaja

Read please, I write not what you understand, this is clear... do the test please...if Hydroquinone has nothing to do why the 11 grs. vs 6 grs. is more density? about 0.2 units
    in the same conditions??? you only see, and believe the way you walked, there is another ways... i am tring to understand this question, it's not very clear (you can do this exercise with film and paper with similar results)

See the patent search I linked to previously. You can develop in less than 1 minute if film speed, grain and sharpness are no concern to you.
    I am not interested in this patent, i have mixed by miself this kind of developer not fully balanced yet ... but i developed 12' TMAX 100... there are compounds you use in developers or in emulsion to obtain similar results, at least with the same idea, e.g. this is agfa and the same time of develope, with film of 100, 400 etc...

I like Harley Davidson. thanks
    Last edited by martellsv; 09-22-2012 at 06:34 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have supoused and assumed that if someone answered my post should know the catalysts is not necessarily a metal could be as metallic deposit
    but starting from a compound having one metal in the case of halides.

OK is FE-III, sorry a typewriting mistake (your eagle eye) , but have you seen the mottled with black spots with SLIMT NOOOOO!!!! (if well done) you are Wrong in this point... metal is possible And sorry have you ever introduced in your formula Cd, K, Na i think....? jajajajaja

Read please, I write not what you understand, this is clear...

[...]
    I am not interested in this patent
    Whatever it is you are trying to achieve, you will have to continue on your own from now on, at least without my further participation. Good luck with your efforts!

Shooter
    Medium Format

thanks

Thanks
    Maybe I did not explain well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin