Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,528   Posts: 1,572,418   Online: 1162

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Dead mans film. Would u develop?

So i was at a cool estate sale. The guy was a photog,woodworker,had a great darkroom. He died and the wife was put
    in a home. (Makes me wonder whats gonna happen to all my crap!)
    In the very bottom of one drawer was a exposed roll of Verichrome Pan 127 and a roll of VP 620. So i took em.

Would u develop em? i dont even have reels for 127 , 620 looks like same as 120 no?

Gonna develop em later. Maybe they're forgotten shots of Marilyn? or the Lindberg flight? haha How old is this film anyone know?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you use Paterson reels, they have a 127 setting on them. Lots of other adjustable reels do as well.

And 620 film is the same as 120. The spools are different (and quite saleable).

Verichrome Pan 127 was available new for a very long time. I shot it back in the 1960s. I'd guess that it remained available until the 1990s.

And I would develop it - there may be family members who would appreciate the results.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Too right I'd develop it. Curiosity would get the better of any "invasion of privacy" qualms and if the results show the dead chap with a young floozy on his knee, well the option is yours to burn the film!!!

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My father-in-law found an old box brownie type camera in his loft with a roll of exposed VP 620 still in it. I developed it and it had pictures of my wife and her brother when they were about six on holiday by the seaside, this would be from about 1975. Bit fogged but printable. There is nothing like finding an old photo you never knew existed before.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hope by "took" you mean "bought", not "stole". Maybe the owner might be able to shed some light on how old the film.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Go for it. Whats to lose? I once had a very rewarding experience developing a long expired roll from a box brownie when a friends mother died. It was a good thing to be able to see photos taken on holiday by the sea 40 years ago. It was a colour film and the process was long defunct but I developed it as black and white..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I certainly would develop it. I don't see it as disrespectful, and, as said above, the family might enjoy seeing the photos. A few years ago, my Brother printed some of my Grandmother's negatives from the early 1900's. We found some very interesting family photos, and I'm sure she would be happy we did so.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!
    For all practical purposes, they've taken Kodak away.

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sounds like a great time for Diafine.
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i'd do it without a second thought, and as bruce suggested, present the family with
    a contact sheet or photographs if they want.
    sounds like fun !
    john

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In the past I have developed orphaned exposed rolls sometime without knowing who to give prints to, then a friend of mine found a roll in an old camera (Yashica A or C) with a roll of exposed film a garage sale. She did not think she would get printalble negatives due to summer temps in Phoenix, but did, child pron. Turned over the the police, the family she bought the the camera from suied for breach of privacy cost her a couple of grand in legal fees to get the case tossed. The camera was owned by a family member who was still alive but in a long term care facility due to stroke and not fit for trial.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin