Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,010   Posts: 1,524,618   Online: 1004

Shooter
    35mm

Shooter
    35mm
    Actually AGFA is still around in some capacity in Germany. I was over there earlier this yer and on the Autobahns you often see banners displayed bearing the AGFA logo.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Alessandro,

the pictures are actually from two of the German Agfa plants: The film and manufacturing plant in Leverkusen, and the converting (cutting, packaging) plant in Windhagen.

In Leverkusen two big coating machines were running: The "K" machine for film, and the "L" for paper.
    AFAIK the maximum yearly capacity of the "K" machine was about 900 million 35mm films.
    The highest film sales numbers were about 3 billion photo films sold worldwide in 1999 and 2000 (the whole global photo market, all manufacturers).
    AFAIK Agfa's worldwide market share with their own Agfa brand has been in the 10-15% range at that time. But they've been the biggest player in production of house brand films for other companies (for drugstore chains etc.).

One of the two Leverkusen coating machines (and the emulsioning machinery) is now running at InovisCoat in Monheim www.inoviscoat.de (it has been modernised and downscaled). The other one is disassembled and stored by another company (I've seen it there).

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pretty amazing! As a manufacturing engineer, we always provided excellent lighting in our production areas. Can't imagine working in the dim/dark lighting this required.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bsdunek View Post
    Pretty amazing! As a manufacturing engineer, we always provided excellent lighting in our production areas. Can't imagine working in the dim/dark lighting this required.
    Maybe there was a reason for subdued light?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin