Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,740   Online: 950

Shooter
    Medium Format

Aculux 3 - good for pushing film?

I teach a course in phototechnique, and will be talking about pushing of film. What I have is Tmax 400 film and Aculux-3 developer. Is the Aculux good for pushing? I'm thinking two stops (to 1600), maybe 3. It's mostly for showing the students that they loose shadow detail and then get higher contrast and increased grain.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You'd be best off getting some Acufine, Xtol, or DD-X. Acufine is my personal preference, but others love Xtol/DDX.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have pushed films succesfully in D76/ID11

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks, I know there's probably better developers, but this is the one we have here, and the students have bought, so maybe I'll just have to test it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Since this will be an introduction to pushing film, I'd suggest using the same developer for all exposure indexes, including 1600. This will better show how the results can be attributed to the increase in developing time and reduced exposure than to the change to a different developer.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin