Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,919   Posts: 1,584,796   Online: 1114

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Ilford Chemicals

Hello I am Using

Ilford Rapid Fixer

Ilford Ilfostop

Ilford Multigrade Paper Developer

I was wondering once mixed up ready for using What ones can i keep mixed up in a bottle ready for naptime just needing warming up

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All of them
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    Please read the instructions which come with the products and the expanded product information on the IlfordPhoto website.

This area of the forum is for colour work. You have also asked this exact same question in the black and white sub-forum.

EDIT: Thanks for moving the post. Keeps things sort of organised.
    Last edited by MartinP; 09-23-2012 at 08:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    I would say only the fixer and the stop bath can be stored ready mixed.

Multigrade developer once diluted will go 'off' quite quickly, in as short a time 24 hours it will loose some of it's 'punch'.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinP View Post
    Please read the instructions which come with the products and the expanded product information on the IlfordPhoto website.

This area of the forum is for colour work. You have also asked this exact same question in the black and white sub-forum.
    Yes, you are rapidly becoming persona non grata. It's not unreasonable for people to do a bit of research/reading on their own!
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    35mm
    Personally I wouldn't dilute developer prior to immediate use but if in a Nova processor the correctly diluted developer can last many days where the surface of the developer is covered when not printing I'd expect that in a full PET bottle diluted dev should last at least as long as in a Nova processor if not longer

That's all theory of course so why risk anything when you don't have to.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know about regular Ilford Multigrade but I've kept working strength Ilford Warmtone developer for several weeks in a full tightly capped bottle with no ill effects. I've kept LPD for two MONTHS that way. I still wouldn't mix fresh until I was ready to use it, but if you don't exhaust it, and it's unlikely you will in one session, you can fill a bottle, squeeze the air out, cap it tightly, and keep it at least a while.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    Yes, you are rapidly becoming persona non grata. It's not unreasonable for people to do a bit of research/reading on their own!
    guy has made 34 posts, why don`t you relax, someone else got there before you did sheriff.

morrisphoto, as you are starting out on this keep everything real simple. Fixer and stop can be kept.The paper developer is a 1 to 9 dilution,so you wont be using a whole lot at each time, throw it after each session.I am guessing that you are teaching yourself how to print, therefore one variable you will not have to consider is expired or tired paper developer.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I'm not sure why one would mix print developer and delay use. I never keep developer past the DR work session. Many developers perform adequately 12 hours after dilution. Ilford Multigrade is not one. LPD & 130, even Dektol is better. For consistant tray results use developer prepared for a printing session within 12 hrs. If you are developing contact prints or not concerned about quality use until the blacks or contrast poop out. I've never used a Nova print processor and developer shelf life times may be different vs tray processing.

The stop and fix should be find if left in trays for several days if not weeks.

Just for info, I mixed LPD to a stock solution this March. Stored in a hard plastic 1L water bottle filled to the very top to minimize oxidation. This week I started to use the developer. It performs like fresh stock solution. Amazing.
    Last edited by Richard Jepsen; 09-24-2012 at 09:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    RJ

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I don't know about regular Ilford Multigrade but I've kept working strength Ilford Warmtone developer for several weeks in a full tightly capped bottle with no ill effects. I've kept LPD for two MONTHS that way. I still wouldn't mix fresh until I was ready to use it, but if you don't exhaust it, and it's unlikely you will in one session, you can fill a bottle, squeeze the air out, cap it tightly, and keep it at least a while.
    That's also my experience with regular Ilford Multigrade developer. I replenish 1 liter "old" developer with 0.25 l freshly mixed developer at the start of every printing session. After about 2..3 hours, one liter goes back into a 1 L PET bottle (old mineral water bottle) and the rest down the drain. There's usually about a week between printing sessions for me. PET (recycle symbol "1") seems to be the most airtight plastic. I can't see any difference in the prints compared to when I make a complete fresh batch of developer.

I don't do this to save a bit of money. It's more about not wasting and minimizing the amount of chemical going down the drain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin