Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,270   Posts: 1,680,919   Online: 1051

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scheimfluger_77 View Post
    John that is indeed a nice looking result.

Does anyone know what kind of results happen when using a Jobo processor?

Steve
    I use a Jobo tank by hand. HC-110 can be very firey if over shaken. I do 5 initial inversions and then only 2 inversions at 4 minutes and 2 at 8 minutes and pour out at 12 minutes. Continuous agitation would loose some of the advantages of the minimal agitation approach. ie regular grain, boosted shadows and tamed highlights.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Where did the Dilution H come from, Kodak only shows up to Dilution F?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ColColt View Post
    Where did the Dilution H come from, Kodak only shows up to Dilution F?
    It is "unofficial," that is, not from Kodak -- I think an outgrowth of the information at the Covington website. I use it all the time as a one-shot process.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ColColt if you're interested in HC-110 dilutions I have been using this method from JBrunner and love it:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum223/...de-simple.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've never tried it as a concentrate"straight from the bottle". I've always went by mixing a stock solution 1:3 and drawing my working solution from there, in most cases that's been Dilution B. Developing times are short-about 5 1/2 minutes. Much more and they come out too contrasty or at least they use to. Using a scanner instead of the sane way to make prints is a little different I've discovered. For one thing the quality just doesn't look the same as when I made prints from Tri-X.

After looking at my best attempt to get these negatives flat and try another scan they still don't look as good and sharp as my old 20-30 year old Trix-X negatives.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    HC-110 was designed to replace a number of other developers in commercial applications. The idea was that it could be used at different dilutions, with each different dilution being similar to the commercial developer (D76, etc.) that it was replacing. If you use it with a different dilution, it will behave very similarly to dilution B, except for the development time.

You don't need a syringe to measure 6 ml - just use a small graduated cylinder (35 ml) and pour enough concentrate to raise the level of water in it by 6 ml.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have two Pipettes that will hold 45ml so that would work well. I also have a syringe that will hold about 1 3/4 ounces I've used to measure such developers and Photoflo.

Shooter
    35mm
    Col colt, i recall someone from a german photo magazine recently making the case that wet prints with top-of-the line enlarging lenses outperform even the best scans.

If you search for "Rollei RPX 25: Grain and Resolution" you will find some info there. Henning talks mainly about the different films and their resolution figures, but i think he mentions the superiority of the wet prints vs. scans somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    math never lies unless you want it to
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    math never lies unless you want it to
    That's better phrasing than a similar version I heard a long time ago:

"Liars can figure, but the figures don't lie."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin