Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,749   Posts: 1,483,778   Online: 805

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Whether it's right for the OP to increase contrast or not is up to them, though, and something that anybody trying to become a good printer should explore.
    Agreed.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    To everyone,

First, thanks for all the thoughtful replies. Its quite obvious to me that there is plenty to master in the subtleties of development and printing. Until I have a real dark room, (we have an upstairs area I am considering commandeering in the next couple years), I am focusing on negative development. Still, every bit of this thread is useful information for me.

Thanks again for sharing your experiences,
    --
    David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Goldstein View Post
    Until I have a real dark room,
    These concepts can be practiced with any output.

That said, until you get a darkroom I'd say sticking to the directions (to normal) is a good idea. It will give you good workable negatives for now and when you get the darkroom.

Many of my pre-darkroom negatives are to put it mildly, a bit tough to print, because I wanted to make the negatives pretty, like slides. This means I need to use very soft printing grades and fight just to make acceptable, let alone good, prints.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin