Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,170   Online: 1037

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Apx 100 has a special grey tone that looks sometimes very metallic, this grey tone is pretty much unique. APX 100 is great for skin tones and was loved by german portrait photographers. APX magic is in the grey tones. Rodinal and APX were made for each other 1+25 or 1+100 Stand are good dilutions for Rodinal. Another thing I love and loved about APX was the grain, APX is not a grainless film but what grain it has is beautiful and enhances the appearance of sharpness.

Dominik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    Apx 100 has a special grey tone that looks sometimes very metallic, this grey tone is pretty much unique. APX 100 is great for skin tones and was loved by german portrait photographers. APX magic is in the grey tones. Rodinal and APX were made for each other 1+25 or 1+100 Stand are good dilutions for Rodinal. Another thing I love and loved about APX was the grain, APX is not a grainless film but what grain it has is beautiful and enhances the appearance of sharpness.

Dominik
    The metallic grey tones, that's it, that is what you see in some of these pictures from Ellen von Unwerth. Special!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinten View Post
    Indeed a sharp peak at 550nm in the spectral sensitivity http://www.agfaphoto.com/appc/_uploa...et_F_PF_E4.pdf. Thanks never expected that, but it's quite apparent! I am trying to get my head around this since my subjects are always people.
    I can imagine the greens in nature being a lot lighter with this film, and skin being slightly lighter than you would expect. Did you use a light-blue filter for portraits with this film? Or slightly underexpose if there was enough brighter white in the picture, well the filter seems less scary

PS Rich are those leafs still green in the picture above?
    Frankly I do not remember.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin