Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,719   Posts: 1,483,124   Online: 1110

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikola Dulgiarov View Post
    @ Tom1956
    This is an example of what I've done with X-ray film. This is Primax Mammography Film, shot w/o a filter @ 50ASA, developed in Pyrocat HD. Scanned on an Epson V700, and an approx. 100% crop of the image (try not to ay attention to dust and artifacts, nor to the aesthetics of the image, my brother is an easy/and willing/ target when testing things out )
    Now that's just fine. Thanks Nikola. I could live with those kinds of results all day. Appreciate it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, I noticed the flip, but since it is of no consequence in the situation, I didn't bother with correcting it
    True on the holders, although at my scanning volume and purposes, it's sufficient; I may try wet-mounting in the future, who knows.
    BTW, in Bulgaria, this film cost me about $100 for 100 sheets, so still $1/sheet, I know X-ray film is cheaper in the US, from what I've seen, but that has been the standard Green/Blue sensitive double-sided films.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Well, some study on the X-Ray film availability in the US counts out obtaining the Primax. I have found a link on a Kodak product:
    http://www.zzmedical.com/8x10-in-kod...FQne4AodwhAAig

But about this base color. I'm sure threads already exist on the blue base. And I'm bound to ask how this reacts with printing them on VC paper, since the graded papers are just about all gone. I notice this Kodak film is also available on a gray base. But how gray? I've just about made up my mind to go this x-ray film route as it would allow much more shooting freedom. I don't like the idea of digging in my pocket for $6 every time I push the button. So can anybody shed light on this blue base situation? And how gray is the gray?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fuji HRT has a bluish base. Works well with alt processes like salt printing.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    Fuji HRT has a bluish base. Works well with alt processes like salt printing.
    That reply doesn't sound hopeful with an ordinary Ilford VC fiber base silver printing. I'm afraid the blue base would be like the highest numbered filter in the filter kit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just adjust your film processing time to suit the blue base.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Large Format
    It looks like I'm getting somewhere on the study of this X-Ray film matter. It appears that Kodak Medical X-Ray Film General Purpose Green MXG is what I need to be buying? And some Pyrocat developer?
    I've found the Kodak PDF on this material.
    http://sfxrayimaging.com/Product/doc..._Green_MXG.pdf
    I note the sharp cut-off of color at 550, which means it bites off the whole red to yellow end of the spectrum, and maybe even a nibble or 2 into the green. Qualifies as orthochromatic, but just by the skin of its teeth. Although I think I'll order some of this and do some playing. Thanks for pointing me in that direction, everybody.
    Last edited by Tom1956; 05-11-2013 at 10:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin