Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,951   Posts: 1,557,918   Online: 967

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

16mm and super8 question

I know that there is lots of 16mm and super8 material out there, and even some new stuff from Adox, but i am wondering if anyone knows - Where in the US does one get reversal chemicals for these materials?
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    B/W reversal chemistry for Fomapan 100R Super8 or 16mm is available at Freestyle. The Orwo reversal processing formula can be downloaded from their homepage. Super8 mm and 16mm Kodak color reversal film is standard E6. You can order cine chemistry directly from Kodak tel:
    1-800-621-FILM (3456).

Dominik

Shooter
    35mm

reversal chems

For black and white, I got sodium carbonate at the pool store, sulfuric acid at the battery store, and the rest from photo formulary.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I buy everything I need except for sulfuric acid from Artcraft Chemicals. Photo Formulary surely has all the necessary chemicals too. For sulfuric acid, I use battery acid from the auto parts store. There are no exotic chemicals used, just standard items.

I use the published formulas for Kodak D-94 first developer, R-9 bleach, CB-2 clearing bath, and either D-95 or Dektol for second developer. Kodak specifies the F-10 fixer formula, but I just use F-24 and it works fine for me.

The R-9 bleach calls for concentrated sulfuric acid. I use battery acid from the auto parts store instead, at triple the amount of the concentrated one.

You can also use the D-94A formula with R-10 bleach. R-10 is a potassium permanganate bleach, whereas R-9 is potassium dichromate.

Kodak H24 Module 15 PDF has the D94-A and R-10 formulas: KODAK Motion Module15 Processing Black-and-White Films

There was an older version of that module that had D-94 first dev and R-9 bleach. I can't find it online anymore, but you can find those formulas posted in APUG.
    Last edited by SkipA; 09-26-2012 at 03:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin