Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,748   Online: 883

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    On the negative sleeve I write the date and the location and store them in a file - one file per year's negatives.
    regards,

Tony

Shooter
    Large Format
    I use a simple Year + roll number + frame number system. So, I started this year at 12-01, then 12-02 etc. So if I enlarge a frame, I record it as 12-02-34. Works for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My system is to archive negatives in sleeves.
    I use Year - Month - Roll Number, like 120613 would be the 13th roll of June 2012.
    Individual frames of each roll would be 120613_01, 02, 03, etc
    I make a contact sheet of each roll and store it with the negatives.
    I write on the sleeve how I exposed the film, how I processed it, what chemistry, agitation, time, and temperature.

Then finally I store the sleeves and contact sheets in archival binders that are dust proof, a clam-shell design with overlapping edges, which can be stacked.

This works really well for me, and I can easily go back through the files to find stuff I want. When I finish business school and have more time I'm going to scan each contact sheet and keep separately for when I want to find individual negatives.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just adopted a new system tht i really like. i typically have several cameras loaded and develop out of date sequence. So i store the neg strips in sleeves noting date range and camera body in binder like i always have. But, when i cut individual images off role for enlargement, i now store them in 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 glassine sleeves. These sleeves and their negs slide into 4x5 neg holder sleeves (4 per page) in a separate binder or 'print log'. And what i do is note the title of the image, date taken, location, cam and lens info as well as development info on 3x5 cards i keep with me in field and in darkrooom. And these index cards slide in nicely behind the neg stored in the sleeve. I like this because i hated trying to put back 35mm and 120mm negs individually back into sleeves after enlargement and I wanted to be able to move things around easily for chronology; sliding the cards and negs around the 4x5 'pockets' as needed. Keeping my field and darkroom notes together with the neg makes it a very effective system for me and my print log of 'keepers' is much thinner than the main binder of cut rolls. This came about by accident when i picked up a packet of 4x5 instead of 120mm sleeves; glad i did. cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin