Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,301   Online: 896

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Rollei Retro sheet film

I have been using Rollei Retro 100 film in 4x5 and 8x10 and it's a really nice film.. It appears to have disappeared from the Universe, anybody have any first-hand knowledge about this?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eclarke View Post
    I have been using Rollei Retro 100 film in 4x5 and 8x10 and it's a really nice film.. It appears to have disappeared from the Universe, anybody have any first-hand knowledge about this?
    If you used the retro 100 tonal, it has been discontinued since it was manufactured in the Fotokemika plant. And this plant closed.
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelien View Post
    If you used the retro 100 tonal, it has been discontinued since it was manufactured in the Fotokemika plant. And this plant closed.
    I was afraid of that, it's a nice film and pretty affordable.. I just got 4 more boxes of 8x10 from Maco and have a couple hundred sheets of 4x5. I'm also a huge fan of Aura, have about 400 sheets...A sad situation..
    Thanks for the input..Evan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Rollei Retro 100 and Rollei Retro 100 TONAL are two different films.
    Retro 100 was repackaged AGFA APX 100, and the last of these Rollei films sold last year I think. Retro 400 went long before that...

Retro 100 TONAL is an orthopanchromatic sensitised EFKE 100 emulsion, which as a consequence of EFKE closing their doors, will no longer be manufactured.

I'm not entirely sure about the on going production of Tonal 100, and I speak under correction that it's manufacturing wasn't an on-going film. It may have been a once off.

I wish they made RPX100 in sheet film. This is a fantastic film. Be it a clone or a very close cousin of Kentmere 100...

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Yep, the Tonal is what I have..it's a very nice consistent quality film from sheet to sheet. Beautiful in Rodinal 1+50 and Jobo agitation..

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin