Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,730   Online: 884

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You want some interesting results with Tmax 3200? rate it at 1000, soup it in Dektol 1:3 for 3.5 minutes @ 75f. The shadows positively glow. Grainy as all get-out, but then it's Tmax 3200, what do you expect?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

TMAX P3200, cheap online or in San Francisco?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    You want some interesting results with Tmax 3200? rate it at 1000, soup it in Dektol 1:3 for 3.5 minutes @ 75f. The shadows positively glow. Grainy as all get-out, but then it's Tmax 3200, what do you expect?
    It's my favorite film, Scott. If I could afford shooting it all the time, I would. I've used it with Rodinal, DD-X, and Xtol, and it works beautifully in anything I throw at it! Even big prints look good.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've printed it as large as 12x18 and it held its own. I don't know that I'd want to go much bigger than that though - but I don't think I'd go much bigger than that with any 35mm film, period.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    I've printed it as large as 12x18 and it held its own. I don't know that I'd want to go much bigger than that though - but I don't think I'd go much bigger than that with any 35mm film, period.
    I print as big as 16x20, so similar size to you. I actually crop lengthwise a bit for a 3:4 aspect ratio, so it ends up being 13.5 x 18". To me it really comes alive at that size.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm
    But buy it quick..

from facebook toaday...

.Kodak Professional shared a link.
    13 hours ago
    We wanted to update you on a change to our film portfolio. Due to low sales volume, Kodak is ending production of KODAK PROFESSIONAL T-MAX P3200 Film (TMZ). The demand for ultra-high speed B&W film has declined significantly, and it is no l
    onger practical to coat such a small volume of product.

The suggested replacement is KODAK PROFESSIONAL T-MAX 400 Film (TMY-2). The latitude of TMY-2 allows it to handle one stop of underexposure (EI 800) without being pushed. In low light situations, TMY-2 delivers very good results when exposed at EI 1600 with increased development time.

You can find more information here about the remaining portfolio, as well as information on sheet films available through special order at K. B. Canham Cameras, Inc.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    35mm
    be nice if they re-jig the 400 to an 800.. then you would have somthing for those black Cat in a coal bin type shots.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    35mm
    After the Kodak announcement I'm probably going with Delta 3200 instead, better to support Ilford in this case as Kodak no matter what will discontinue this film already.
    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin