Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,441   Online: 709

jpa

Shooter
    Medium Format

Problem: Plus-X shot at ei 320

I had a roll of film in my Rolleiflex that I had loaded several weeks ago, but didn't shoot any frames. I forgot what film it was, but assumed that it was Tri X that I was intending to shoot at ei 125 ( which I had been doing at the time ). To make a long story short - I shot the roll at ei 320, thinking it was Tri X ( and didn't want to shoot it at 125 ) but discovered that it was Plus X.

So, I'd like to know if anyone has any experience pushing Plus X to 320?
    I'd really like to develop it in Pyrocat HD, and if anyone has any experience with this combo, I'd be greatly appreciative. I don't want to experiment with pushing other rolls, as my stash of Plus X is getting very, very low.

Thanks,
    Jan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Willi Morali and Wolfgang Moersch consistently gets EI 250 out of Plus-X in Moersch EFD (Eco Film Developer) developer. I asked Wolfgang about it, and he says he can't really explain it, but has tested it a number of times.

See these pictures: Click

See this link: Click

Here are developing times: Click

EI 250 is not that far off EI 320.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format

Problem: Plus-X shot at ei 320

Diafine! Admittedly it's expensive these days if you only plan to run one roll but it lasts and lasts and lasts - just keep re-using. I shoot Plus-X at 400 for Diafine development. Your 320 should look great. Just follow directions on the box.

Thomas's suggestion looks good too but I've no experience with it.

jpa

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the info! Man - those photos at ei 250 look great. I'm sure that I could figure out a fairly close estimate for the EFD at 320. It definitely looks do-able. I really like the Moersch line of developers, also.

jpa

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Diafine! Admittedly it's expensive these days if you only plan to run one roll but it lasts and lasts and lasts - just keep re-using. I shoot Plus-X at 400 for Diafine development. Your 320 should look great. Just follow directions on the box.

Thomas's suggestion looks good too but I've no experience with it.
    Thanks for the information. I'll keep it in mind.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin