Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,286   Online: 955

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Got some SO-331 - now to develop

Greetings all,

I have finally got my hands on the SO-331 and Double X cine film that I wanted to try. While there is plenty about developing the Double X, there is not much about the SO-331. The guy I bought the film off of does it in Rodinal 1:100 for 60 minutes stand, which is what I will probably try first up (it will be my first attempt at stand development).

I want to know if there has been others out there who have tried the film and developed it? Any thoughts on it?

Cheers

Shooter
    35mm
    The SO-331 is intended to be used in a movie lab, "EASTMAN High Contrast Panchromatic Intermediate Film SO-331
    " so expect relativle slow film. Proably intended for making titles.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It's very high contrast, of course, on a clear base, and doesn't seem to have much anti-halation as I was getting exposure at the sprockets near the beginning of the rolls. I rated it at ISO 25 and used Selectol 1:1 at 70 degrees F for 3:30 (a close fake for the recommended D-97 developing spec) and got decent negs. I haven't had time yet to go back and try to lower the contrast with more normal developers.

You can see some quick results of my tests in the thread where I was selling off some of the excess:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...100-rolls.html

Duncan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin