Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,443   Online: 864

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    9 rolls of 120

Shooter
    35mm
    Second unit on Chupacabra Terror for the SciFi Channel on some days about 10,000 feet. That's around 3000 rolls. My personal final tally on the show was around 90,000 feet.

On some other shows the tally was much higher, but those had a and b cameras, so although they both were under my direction I had operators except when I chose to shoot with one or the other.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Photography is not a contest to see who shoots the most rolls/sheets in q day. What matters is how many good images one gets.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    Photography is not a contest to see who shoots the most rolls/sheets in q day. What matters is how many good images one gets.
    I agree. What's the most you have shot in a day?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    I agree. What's the most you have shot in a day?
    I am happy to get a handful of good images from a day's shooting.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    About 200 6x6 negatives at a wedding.

Distributed between 120 and 220 rolls - I can't remember how many of each, but most likely it would have been on one of the versions of Vericolour.

I seem to recall that it was a lot of work adding labels to all the proofs, and marking the file and roll numbers on the rebate on each of the negatives with a technical pen .
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Since all of my still shooting is personal and on my dime, it's pretty modest. I think the most is in the realm of 8 rolls of 120 or a dozen sheets of 4x5.

Professionally, I loaded film for a concert video one time. There were 9 cameras running and either 2 or 3 loaders. I, myself, loaded something like 80,000 feet of film that day. I assume the other loaders did similarly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    38 rolls of 35mm on a ski endurance race that went for 24 hours....mucho tired after than one. I am fairly picky now, I shoot anywhere from 2-30 exposures of 35mm, 120 or 4x5 per day on average, mostly 120, very little 35mm anymore...

Shooter
    35mm
    In 1974 at Elkart Lake race track I spooled and shot a 100 ft. roll of Tri-X. That was about 1400 shots on a couple of Olympus Pen F half frame cameras. Now I'm too broke to go through much film in one day. My average B&W film consumption per year has been about 40 roll of 35mm, 10 rolls of 120, and 20 rolls of 16mm (spooled from Eastman Double-X into Minolta cartridges) for my Minolta 16II.
    Last edited by pen s; 09-30-2012 at 03:06 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't shoot much film on a single day. Maybe 2 rolls of 120 or 2 short rolls of 35mm on a good day.

Jeff

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin