Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,939   Posts: 1,557,376   Online: 975

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

What's the most film you ever shot in one day?

What is your highest one day consumption of film? 5 rolls? 50 rolls? 500 rolls??!!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    BAck when I used 35mm about 50 rolls a day on occasions, with 120 20-30, with 5x4 a 20 images.

Ian

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    When I did weddings I would regularly shoot between 20 and 25 rolls of 120/220.

Jonathan

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Eighty Eight rolls 120 and 35mm, between my partner and I at a wedding in Austraia, 8 am to 1 am the next day. I would have made my target goal of 100 rolls if I didn't have 3 out of 4 cameras poop out for various reasons. And you know, I distinctly recalled as I walked out the door that day thinking " I wonder if I should bring the F3P "Just In Case".

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    About 5 rolls of 120 (6x7, so ~50 frames) while on holiday. I don't shoot film commercially though; my frame record is 1100/day shooting a wedding (8 hours) on digital.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

What's the most film you ever shot in one day?

A full day of bird photography for me is around 10-12 rolls of 35mm, and by birding standards, that's fairly modest.

A fairly intensive day of 4x5" could involve 4 Grafmatics, or 24 sheets, most likely shooting street style.

Once in a while a dozen or so sheets of 8x10".
    Last edited by David A. Goldfarb; 09-30-2012 at 08:47 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For general image making times, 20 or so sheets of 4x5 and 5 120 rolls + or -
    For paid work, 20-30 rolls and/or dozens of 4x5 sheets.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i think it was 50 sheets of 4x5 film for a job
    and i went back the next day and shot another 40-50 sheets
    for about 5 days ... ( documenting a quarry ) and for about 3 days ( documenting a mill )
    and about 5 days ( documenting a machine tool company )

for roll film ... 7 or 8 ( maybe more? ) rolls of 120 just wandering around

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Usually about 10 rolls of 120 but I feel like that's my leftover habit from dig**al. I think I'm just shooting blindly and not slowing down, which was one of the reasons I wanted to get back to analog. So I have added LF to my equipment and that helped me down significantly. I am a lot more selective about what I shoot and how and attempt to control my "fire at will" urge. FWIW, I shoot mostly landscape stuff and not professionally. So the amount of shots I get isn't as critical for my purposes. It's more about quality and not quantity for where I am right now.
    Aleksandra Miesak

"One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind." - Dorothea Lange

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wasn't the shooter (gaffer) but we used nearly 200 sheets of 4x5 on a lexus IS250 shoot. The photographer said that wasn't out of the ordinary.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lexus.jpg  
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin