Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,288   Posts: 1,535,344   Online: 802

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    What's next to go ? I never needed it myself but always sad to see another film disappear. Long live Ilford.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    to be fair:

which manufacturer is agressively marketing highest-speed b&w film? The only other other company left offering such film is IlfordPhoto, and they just keep a long going product on the market.

None of the new introduced films of any company was in this field.
    Conversely, Kodak has also discontinued many, many other non-high speed films in the recent past. Including, for instance, Plus-X. And other companies are as we speak introducing new medium-speed b&w films into that market niche.

Kodak's problem isn't high-speed film. That's just a symptom of the problem, not the problem in itself. Which was the true point of my post. In the midst of some encouraging reports from Photokina right now regarding new or resurrected products, we have one very sick company continuing to discontinue long-time products. The point is to not read this as a generalized indicator of the health of the analog market. Kodak is no longer the industry leader. They are an isolated case.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    it is tempting to stock up... BUT
    instead, if I may suggest, buy from Ilford -- keep them making high speed film...

sadly, my last purchases of P3200 expire next summer...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That's fine with me, I preferred Delta 3200 anyway. Sucks though, just another film gone.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    to be fair...
    Hi AgX,

Return PM set...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    That's fine with me, I preferred Delta 3200 anyway. Sucks though, just another film gone.
    Mind if I ask why? TMZ seems slightly finer grained and slightly faster, though the finer grain was more than made up for by the fact Delta 3200 is available in 120.

Still, I like Delta 3200 a lot and it looks really superb for the speed when shot at 3200 in my Mamiya 645.

Shooter
    35mm
    P3200 is Genuine.
    No other film gives me bite and mood as well as this film. Geez!

(picture of a 16x20 fb print, shot on xpan. P3200 exposed at 3200 and developed in HC110:B)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Web-N-6.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    > None of the new introduced films of any company was in this field.

There is perhaps an exception. Maco sells a special developer for RPX 400 film (which is the same or at least similar to Kentmere 400). It is not hard to get 1000 ASA form this combination. This value us the "unpushed" ASA from both, TMZ and Delta 3200. I tried all that out.
    Please read here: http://www.macodirect.de/rollei-p-2274.html
    The example images are mine.

I know a 400 ASA film and a special developer is not quite the same as an native 1000 ASA film (which the TMZ and Delta products in reality are). But hits the same market.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's Delta 3200 for me now then.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't shoot the high speed films, and looking at the grain in Delta 3200, I'm glad I don't. Yes, I know many different opinions make up our hobby (a good thing). Big grain just isn't one of my likes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin