Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,882   Online: 957

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    While that may be technically true about lopping off a low zone, for pictorial purposes I find both TMZ and Delta 3200 serve me well at 3200. I've never tried either at slower speeds because I like Tri-X in Diafine at 1250.

As far as price gouging, I've switched to B&H for most of my film since they finally started shipping UPS without requiring a signature. I do appreciate Freestyle, their house brand products, wide selection and commitment to analog photography and do try to support them but I also do personally feel that jacking up the price because something is discontinued is unethical bordering on immoral. Some folks just shout "supply and demand" as if that makes it ok. I guess it depends on how rooted (I'd say "mired") in capitalistic theory (I'd say "claptrap and rationalization") your personal ethics are. Unless they had to pay more from their supplier or more for shipping or their overhead went up or something, I find it unethical. OTOH, I'm not above taking advantage of it when it's to my advantage. They still have Efke IR820 in 120 where B&H has been out for some time. I have another ten rolls on the way. Sure, I paid $2 a roll more for it than before it was discontinued, and it was expensive film already, but OTOH the higher price no doubt meant they are selling it slower and thus I can still get more. I'm still not fond of the practice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When Kodachrome was discontinued, B+H jacked up their price, while Freestyle did not. So, I don't know what to make of it.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jim appleyard View Post
    Freestyle has this film on clearance for $12.99/roll. Ilford's 3200 in $8.00+ at regular price. No wonder sales were poor.
    That's funny. I swear just yesterday it was $9.99/roll at Freestyle.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    That's funny. I swear just yesterday it was $9.99/roll at Freestyle.
    I can confirm that this is correct.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jim appleyard View Post
    Right. That's what I meant to convey - that they raised the price from $9.99 to $12.99 as soon as the notice of Kodak obsoleting the product came out.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Right. That's what I meant to convey - that they raised the price from $9.99 to $12.99 as soon as the notice of Kodak obsoleting the product came out.

Rip Off !!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Even when TMZ was in full production, a 100' roll was about $100.00; out of my league. I would go Ilford or Tri-X/Arista Premium in Diafine @1,250.

Ilford D3200 in 120 goes for $5.89/roll.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by xtolsniffer View Post
    I like the grain sometimes, it can add something beyond 'I need a fast film to catpure that'. Taken with Kodak T-Max P3200.
    OK, the grain in this is MUCH better than Delta sample (my preference, and I know it's not everyone's). Maybe I should have tried some after all. Oh well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin