Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,545,981   Online: 1069

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Kodak discontinues T-MAX P3200 Film (TMZ)

From their Facebook page:

We wanted to update you on a change to our film portfolio. Due to low sales volume, Kodak is ending production of KODAK PROFESSIONAL T-MAX P3200 Film (TMZ). The demand for ultra-high speed B&W film has declined significantly, and it is no longer practical to coat such a small volume of product.

The suggested replacement is KODAK PROFESSIONAL T-MAX 400 Film (TMY-2). The latitude of TMY-2 allows it to handle one stop of underexposure (EI 800) without being pushed. In low light situations, TMY-2 delivers very good results when exposed at EI 1600 with increased development time.

You can find more information here about the remaining portfolio, as well as information on sheet films available through special order at K. B. Canham Cameras, Inc. http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...?pq-path=13319

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sad but not surprising.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    35mm
    This is my ultimately favorite film. That's a true bummer.

Shooter
    35mm
    It leaves the really fast field almost exclusively to Ilford in 135mm and completely exclusively if you are a 120 user.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    This makes me sad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I really like TMZ and have a few rolls still in the freezer. Unfortunately it doesn't keep well even frozen or I'd stock up.

I like Delta 3200 too and have been using TMZ in 35mm and Delta 3200 in 120. I think TMZ is slightly finer grained and slightly faster, or at least capable of slightly higher effective speed, but I can do ok with Delta 3200 for my high speed needs. Still,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by olwick View Post
    "Due to low sales volume, Kodak is ending production of KODAK PROFESSIONAL T-MAX P3200 Film (TMZ). The demand for ultra-high speed B&W film has declined significantly, and it is no longer practical to coat such a small volume of product."
    "Due to low sales volume at Kodak, Kodak is ending production of KODAK PROFESSIONAL T-MAX P3200 Film (TMZ). The demand for Kodak's ultra-high speed B&W film has declined significantly, and it is no longer practical for Kodak to coat such a small volume of product."

Quote Originally Posted by olwick View Post
    "The suggested replacement is KODAK PROFESSIONAL T-MAX 400 Film (TMY-2)."
    No. We all know what the suggested replacement really is...

Other film-related companies, including other film manufacturers, continue to aggressively market and reintroduce or expand their product lines, including the introduction of new films, new high-end film processing equipment, new chemistries, and even new film cameras. They are doing this because the markets are there and they want to fill them.

Sorry, but it is what it is.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    to be fair:

which manufacturer is agressively marketing highest-speed b&w film? The only other other company left offering such film is IlfordPhoto, and they just keep a long going product on the market.

None of the new introduced films of any company was in this field.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    to be fair:

which manufacturer is agressively marketing highest-speed b&w film? The only other other company left offering such film is IlfordPhoto, and they just keep a long going product on the market.

None of the new introduced films of any company was in this field.
    While that's true, it's good enough for me. Delta 3200 is an excellent film, and it's been available all along in 120.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin