Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,203   Posts: 1,531,631   Online: 1146

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    It doesn't get any clearer than that.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Ilford (and Simon especially)
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Simon. I have a roll of Delta 3200 in my freezer in 120 which I am anxious to try out.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    35mm
    I am never sure why Simon needs to bother. He shouldn't have to. How many times does he have to repeat the statement that Ilford has made on several occasions about the film range. Ilford's and Simon's record on saying what he means and meaning what he says is impeccable.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    I am never sure why Simon needs to bother. He shouldn't have to. How many times does he have to repeat the statement that Ilford has made on several occasions about the film range. Ilford's and Simon's record on saying what he means and meaning what he says is impeccable.

pentaxuser
    I think people are a bit too used to the 'sudden demise' of products from other companies, and it's almost too good to be true that Ilford simply doesn't follow suit. Surprising to many, I am sure.But I do agree that Ilford and Simon have both been extremely good about keeping promises, and that is very reassuring.
    Last edited by Thomas Bertilsson; 10-04-2012 at 01:26 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    ILFORD Delta Professional 3200 in 35mm and 120 Films : Are in full supply, in all markets, we have not changed ANY product prices since 2011 and all HARMAN film ranges will remain unchanged.
    And there you have it. One, single, direct, authoritative sentence.

The result? No rumors, rampant speculation, incorrect assumptions and conclusions, or unknowns. No anger. No flailing limbs. No gnashing of teeth or bone. No bitterness. No panic buying, followed buy throwing out food to make room. No online arguments. No armchair quarterbacks—or armchair PhD's in Economics—to suffer. No threats. No banishments.

One single sentence.

Imagine that.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh yes. And that sentence, and the similar ones that have been presented in the past, are the main reason I continue to purchase film camera and (especially) darkroom equipment. Both new and used. I'm not an artist, and don't pretend to be. But I do have a retirement that is beginning to creep closer, and these no BS sentences tell me it's most likely going to be an enjoyable one.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Can someone point me to some work done with Delta 3200 in 120? Piqued my interest....
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Simon and Ilford. You are appreciated.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    D3200 is a staple for me in medium format, I shoot it almost as much as Tri-X
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin