Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,057   Online: 970

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Orders will be soon on the way, winter time is ISO 1600 and 3200 time!

Many thanks Simon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Can someone point me to some work done with Delta 3200 in 120? Piqued my interest....
    I have no finished work ready to share but I have a large backlog of negatives on 120 Delta 3200 to print from and another roll to develop. Here are a couple of direct negative scans to give you an idea. This is a photo of my wife relaxing with her iPad, EI 3200, light from the table lamp only:

And here are a couple from this year's Anachrocon convention, a steampunk wheelchair and a display of steampunk items for sale, EI3200 also:

Both of these were metered with a LunaPro SBC and shot with my Yashicamat 124. Exposures unrecorded but most likely the one of my wife was wide open at something like 1/30th.

I've not noticed the horizontal registration of this camera being off like this before. Could be something about the way I loaded this one particular roll. Doesn't bother me much in any case as I don't crop that tightly (usually.)

This roll as most all of my Delta 3200 was developed in Kodak T-Max developer using the Ilford recommended times for 6400. I find with both TMZ and Delta 3200 I get best results by developing for one stop more than my exposure. I think they may both be trying to minimize the grain and contrast build up, but the recommended times just aren't enough in my experience.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I still remember Gandolfi's photos shot with Delta 3200 on a snowy evening. Hope price don't shoot that high in the future. In fact my first ever roll was Delta 3200.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Storm.jpg  
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Glad to hear it will continue to be available, though I didn't doubt it since I don't confuse it with TMZ. Still, I suppose we could worry about it if TMZ wasn't selling that well. But with Ilford's smaller runs, availability in 120 size and seeming better penetration of the black and white market outside the US, hopefully it has a bright future.

I've been using T-Max developer for pushing because it worked so well for TMZ and just used it with Delta 3200, but I will have to give DD-X a try after I run out of T-Max.

I echo the comments about Ilford and Simon. It's sorely tempting to just standardize on everything Ilford except where they don't have a product for a given niche, and I'm not even sure where that would be in the black and white world.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I honestly can't get enough 120 Delta 3200, I shoot ALOT of it, atleast 150 rolls in a year YUMMO!!!

Now if we could just get some 220 Black and white film ....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    From the looks of things, I might have to give it a shot! (placing an order for some other stuff soon). How does it perform in Xtol?
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've ordered some XP2 for my forthcoming Super Ikonta, maybe some Delta 3200 soon, now that the nights are darker.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you Ilford!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Delta 3200 is my alter-ego when I want a break from large-format cameras and making big prints.
    I absolutely love it in a Nikon tucked under my parka on a rainy day, and love its silvery scale even
    more on triple-toned MGWT. Like the old saying, "a marriage made in heaven".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    Delta 3200 is my alter-ego when I want a break from large-format cameras and making big prints.
    I absolutely love it in a Nikon tucked under my parka on a rainy day, and love its silvery scale even
    more on triple-toned MGWT. Like the old saying, "a marriage made in heaven".
    A little OT for this thread I know, but how do you triple tone MGWT? Sepia or brown plus selenium plus..? And in what order?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin