Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,249   Online: 796

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ezwriter View Post
    Dektol dev for 1 min with the paper. ideas?
    You don't give a temperature or dilution but Kodak recommends 1 to 2 minutes. You may be pulling your prints too soon. Underdevelopment will cause poor contrast and the possibility of uneven development. Print development is carried to completeion. Try developing for 2 minutes.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Most common cause is under exposure of the film. What do your negatives look like?
    I agree, I'd try shooting at a lower ISO before increasing developing time. Blacks in a print depend upon the a negative of sufficient density to expose the paper long enough to get black in the first place. Then the contrast can be tweaked in the printing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for all that info. I'm using RC Ilford paper, dev for 1 min so as u suggest I'll try two mins.
    And the test print idea. thanks again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ezwriter View Post
    Thanks for all that info. I'm using RC Ilford paper, dev for 1 min so as u suggest I'll try two mins.
    And the test print idea. thanks again.
    If the source of your problem has been underexposure of the film, I think increasing the exposure at the enlarger will make it worse: you will get very dark prints. If I were you, I would try exposing the paper for a shorter period of time and cook the paper longer in freshly prepared and strong developer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin