Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,865   Online: 1125

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Recommended reading on toners and toning.

I am new to toning and toners. I have used selenium on my fiber based papers but would like to know more. Can any of you recommend any books to read or resources to use.

Many thanks.

Shooter
    35mm
    The Master Photographer's Toning Book by Tim Rudman. Toning and Handcolouring Photographs by Tony Worobiec

pentaxuser

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    On the web-site for Wolfgang Moersch in Germany you can find quite a few articles on, among other things, toning. They are written in both German and English. I enclose a link.

Karl-Gustaf

http://www.moersch-photochemie.de/co...nowhow/lang:en
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Also Wolfgang Moersch has a very rich flickr account, he posts toned variations of his photographs, little bit of info on toners in the descriptions.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/wolfgang_moersch/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Photographer's Toning Book: The Definitive Guide by Tim Rudman. In my opinion, every darkroom user should have it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tim Rudman seems to be the man. His book must be bound in Gold when you consider how much some people are trying to sell it for! Luckily he has obtained the rights to print his own book and has it available for $25.

Thanks again everyone.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Eddie Ephrams Gradient Light and Creative Elements is a great resource.

There are a few folks here on APUG, like Ian Grant, Gerald Koch, Ralph L that can help you greatly on the chemical component side. Sorry if I missed a few but all my formulas and answers have came with help from these three.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    For example

I had a huge scumming problem lately on my finished prints , I got it down to being the HCA and my water supply in August.

Ralph suggested adding 10 grams of Sodium Hexametaphosphate to my Sodium Sulpite....... BAMM problem solved.

now I have a question for one of the guru's why did a rubber like large glop form in the beaker when I added SH to hot water....hmmm lets see if this works and see if my go to guys
    have the answer.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostman View Post
    Tim Rudman seems to be the man. His book must be bound in Gold when you consider how much some people are trying to sell it for! Luckily he has obtained the rights to print his own book and has it available for $25.

Thanks again everyone.
    THX for the tip

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    now I have a question for one of the guru's why did a rubber like large glop form in the beaker when I added SH to hot water....
    Not claiming to be a guru or anything, but, assuming that with SH you meant sodium hydroxide, that beaker wasn't made out of glass by any chance, was it?
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin