Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,231   Online: 830

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    I know replenishment works, but is it a good idea in the long term? Would not dilute and discard give greater consistency?
    No replenishment gives excellent consistency, I've used the technique since the late 1960's until recently both commercially and on a smaller scale at home.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    No replenishment gives excellent consistency, I've used the technique since the late 1960's until recently both commercially and on a smaller scale at home.

Ian
    Do you mean that no particular replenishment method can give excellent consistency, or replenishment when done properly does provide excellent consistency?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A comma after the "No" woul;d have helped, what I'm saying is that replenishment done properly gives very good consitency. In fact it's a very easy way of working and very quick.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Ian.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm still wondering if anyone has any thoughts on why the id-11 data suggests to replenish at approx 90ml per roll when the suggested replenishment for d-76 is between 22 and 29ml a roll. I know they're not exactly the same dev formulations, but that's a bigger difference in replenishment suggestions than I expected.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GraemeMitchell View Post
    I'm still wondering if anyone has any thoughts on why the id-11 data suggests to replenish at approx 90ml per roll when the suggested replenishment for d-76 is between 22 and 29ml a roll. I know they're not exactly the same dev formulations, but that's a bigger difference in replenishment suggestions than I expected.
    The ID-11 data sheet suggests 90ml for every 10 rolls.
    http://darkroom.ru/info/manuals/ilfo...manual_eng.pdf
    Last edited by Keith Tapscott.; 10-16-2012 at 03:29 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tapscott. View Post
    The ID-11 data sheet suggests 90ml for every 10 rolls.
    http://darkroom.ru/info/manuals/ilfo...manual_eng.pdf

Keith, I completely overlooked the "x10" part on there. I'm glad you pointed that out. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    I know replenishment works, but is it a good idea in the long term? Would not dilute and discard give greater consistency?
    Clive, the main reasons for replenishing the developer are:
    1. Tonality - the byproducts formed from processing film act as restrainers, which results in different tonality. Side effects are a slight loss of film speed, finer grain, and higher sharpness compared to dilute developer of equivalent strength.
    2. Economy.

I've run Kodak Xtol as replenished for years - it's the same batch that I started years ago, and I've just kept replenishing it. Never skipped a beat. It's a wonderful way of processing film.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin