Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,544   Online: 1001

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ilford ID-11R Replenisher.

I noticed on Ilford's website that the ID-11R replenisher has been discontinued. An alternative replenishing method is given on their site.

Perhaps Simon will provide more details if he hasn't already for those who like to replenish ID-11.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Keith et al,

We had to as it is no longer possible to manufacture the replenisher in such tiny numbers as are sold. Before we did this and as you kindly point out we have given technical information on an alternative replenishment method that works absolutely fine.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Hi Keith et al,

We had to as it is no longer possible to manufacture the replenisher in such tiny numbers as are sold. Before we did this and as you kindly point out we have given technical information on an alternative replenishment method that works absolutely fine.

Thanks Simon. For those who don't want to use the alternative replenisher mentioned in the PDF, will the published formula for ID-11R (D-76R) work equally as well as the now discontinued ID-11R?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The alternative replenishing solution is here.

http://www.ilfordphoto.com/Webfiles/...1256261906.pdf

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Hi Keith et al,

I should have read carefully before replying. Oops.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    D-76R would probably work, but I'm not sure that it is still available either.

Replenisher D-76R

Water (52C) 750 ml
    Metol 3 g
    Sodium sulfite (anh) 100 g
    Hydroquinone 7.5 g
    Borax 20 g
    WTM 1 l

For T-Max films, mix 1 part of D-76-R to 5 parts of D-76 for each sheet (80 sq. in.) processed. Pour off any excess to maintain the original volume.
    For conventional films, add 30ml for each sheet processed, discarding used developer to maintain the original level if necessary.
    Note: Replenisher is for undiluted D-76 only. Diluted D-76 should be used once only.
    Capacity: Up to 7 sheets per liter undiluted. Extend development 5% for each sheet after the first. May be replenished with D-76R.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is interesting. I'm curious what it is that's in packet B that when reduced makes for a more suitable replenisher?

Second, what are you guys generally replenishing per roll, 90ml - as suggested in the id-11 tech sheet?

I've been playing with id-11 at 1+2 and 1+3, with tri-x and hp-5, and have generally liked it. I really prefer working with a replenished developer though, hence the interest, so any other thoughts on using id-11 like this would be appreciated.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I know replenishment works, but is it a good idea in the long term? Would not dilute and discard give greater consistency?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    I know replenishment works, but is it a good idea in the long term? Would not dilute and discard give greater consistency?
    Yes and that is how I use D-76, but I know that some photographers like to replenish stock-solutions.

Shooter
    35mm
    Replenish systems are used where their is a steady Volume of Material to be processed. And where the Tank of developer is completely replaced by replenisher within a reasonable time period.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin