Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,875   Posts: 1,520,216   Online: 1241

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Yankee Instant Film Dryer

Rather than hijack the Photo-flo thread, I thought I'd ask here. Anyone remember using Yankee Instant Film Dryer? It was mostly alcohol as I recall.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I dont recall that in particular, but my personal blend is LFN with 91% isopropyl alcohol. My film dries spot free in minutes.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    According to this msds http://msdsreport.com/ds.cfm?msds=BF...%20INC%20(DIST) the other indredeint was Chlorodifluoromethane, use of which (according to Wiki) is being phased out due to ozone depletion potential.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I never used the Yankee Instant Film Dryer, although I still have a pair of the obscure "Kleen-Dri" units which. interestingly. circulate air internally through a silica gel desiccant to dry film, thus eliminating exposure to dust. With photo-flo they typically dry a roll spot and dust free on the reel in 20 to 30 minutes. After about 15 or 20 rolls you put the desiccant cartridge in the oven to "recharge" it. You don't see them much anymore, but I've always thought they are rather clever: http://drmoss.ca/485099650_tp.jpg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The liquid Yankee was mostly ethanol, with a little methanol as denaturant. Both Yankee and Century also had aerosol versions, for which the CDFM was the propellant.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin