Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,944   Posts: 1,585,798   Online: 1014

Shooter
    Multi Format

Super curly fiber paper in paper safe...

I have three paper safes in my darkroom with 8x10, 11x14 and 16x20 Ilford Warmtone Fiber in all three of them. There is about 70 sheets in the 8x10, 40 or so sheets in the other two, filled in the late Winter.

They have progressively gotten more and more curly as time has gone on. I think it might have hit just under 80 degrees for a few days at the worst, but mosly it is around room temperature. It is also very dry where I live, this year was particularly bad. It is all so badly curled that I can hardly get it out of the safe, especially the 8x10 since it is still so full. I have to use heavy steel bars just to flatten the easel blades when printing.
    Other than putting a heavy object on top of the paper while it is in the safe, what am I going to be able to do about this and what should be my workflow in going forward?
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Run a humidifier

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik L View Post
    Run a humidifier
    Not really an option full time, could I get away with it a few hours before I print?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    Not really an option full time, could I get away with it a few hours before I print?
    Sure, you just have to get some moisture back into the paper so it will relax a bit. I have the same dilemma with low humidity where I live.
    Erik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik L View Post
    Sure, you just have to get some moisture back into the paper so it will relax a bit. I have the same dilemma with low humidity where I live.
    Erik
    Ahh, yeah Junction can get pretty dry-tastic too. I guess I better buy a humidifier, my wife will like that...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin