I'm in a small alpine country in the middle of Europe :-) If there was someone locally I might go for it, but given the age of the film (it's obviuoly been in the camera for at least 30 years) I won't. I'll process it as BW and see what comes out. I can then give it the old digital scan and treatment.
I'll post results here (if there are any)
I just ran in the same problem (found an AgfaColor CNS film exposed in old camera), and maybe I am not the King of google searches, but I am just unable to found anywhere
an usable answer about time/dev combinaison used when B&W processing C22 films ! When this thread coming up in APUG, I believe I got it, close, but no cigars !
Just to precise this :
- No, I am not going to send it to ProcessC22 in UK
- No, I am not going to gather all the chemicals to make my homemade real C22 process...
So, for all the good fellows who (or who has heard of...) developping in B&W C22 colors films, what is your departing time, using, for example HC110 ?
I just got a bottle of HC110 only for this kind of works...
Many thanks in advance,
Just as a side note, to avoid mixing things up: the CNS was succeeded by the CNS 400. The latter was no longer designed according the Agfacolor- but the Ektachrome-principle and was processed according to C-41.
Last edited by AgX; 10-17-2012 at 03:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.
Film is at least 30 years old and stored under dubious conditions, probably not worth the bother to develop it.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.
~Antoine de Saint-Exupery
I developed the film this evening, 10 minutes in DD-X 1+4. The film is badly damaged but a few frames have some detail on them. I can see the shots were of a sports team, most likely a football team (British), from Scotland. I look forward to scanning them and trying to salvage some details.
It was fun anyway.
Sponsored Ad. (Subscribers to APUG have the option to remove this ad.)
Hopefully the analogue God(esses) won't strike me down, but when you do the $can, make sure to use the color setting to help with that mask.
great haircuts. definitely 1970s. what a terrible decade.
Thanks you very much for posting the time/dev guideline and your results, they are great, even if the film base is damaged, the latent image seems to be correctly developped !
Originally Posted by Ghostman
I have to try with my film, now.
Films that used the C-22 process had oily couplers that required benzyl alcohol in the developer. Agfa held patents on those that didn't need this special solvent. After the patents expired everywhere, we got C-41.
This is quoted in the reference as the official Kodak formula for C-22 developer.
Water 800 ml
Benzyl alcohol 5 ml
Foamex 0.01ml (anti-foam agent)
Calgon 2.5 g (sodium hexametaphosphate)
Sodium sulfite 1.85g
Sodium bromide 1.4 g
Potassium iodide 0.5 mg (500 micrograms)
Borax (decahydrate) 58.8 g
Sodium hydroxide 12.5 g
CD-3 5 g
Water to make 1 l
pH at 75F = 10.7
Develop the old Kodacolor (C-22 process) about 13 minutes at 75F.
Ref: Dignan Photographic Newsletter, January 1974