Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,501   Online: 918

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've found that development is quite sensitive to agitation, both amount and technique, and that agitation varies a lot from person to person regardless of the instructions they think they are following.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I somehow get in 15 inversions in 10 seconds. Haha I guess a old holdover from when I started, just to make sure the dev gets really sloshed into every nook and crevice, since it is on such a tight spiral on the reels. The negatives come out fine.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    It is a case of whatever works for you. Agitation strength and frequency is the third important variable. After many years of doing it by the book, I discovered the fact that less can be more. It is more a matter of using just enough. Prints, and especially negative scans will benefit from improved highlight separation in the most subtle of ways.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I always agitate every 30 seconds routine for roll film in small tanks.

And when I develop for published times I often reach Contrast Index (CI) 0.62 which I consider normal.

If you are happy with a different routine, then I don't see any reason to change.

It would be wise to monitor the actual CI that you get (feel free to check average gradient or make your own choice of curve analysis). Test strip making sensitometers and negative reading densitometers are readily available.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin