Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,703   Posts: 1,482,667   Online: 688

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: B&W Slides

Shooter
    35mm
    The Supplier I mentioned who said the FOMA kit was expensive was AG which you refer to. If they say it is expensive I don't think it was a mistake. I never thought about Silverprint, and as I am going to London next month I will call in and see what they have on offer.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A german mail-order dealer asks about 28€ for it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BMbikerider View Post
    I have seen reference to this before but cannot find a thread that connects, so if you have given the information before, I'm sorry to ask it again.

I want to start processing B&W film to make transparencies, so which film would you use to give the clearest tint free base? Are there any commercial kits available that I can buy (in UK) to get me started?

Thanks in anticipation.
    Hello,

BW transparencies in general look best if your film has (after the reversal development) a very low Dmin value, and a very high Dmax value.
    In most cases you get this using films with a clear base. The following films all have a clear base and deliver very good to excellent results reversal processed (in alphabetical order):

Adox Silvermax
    Adox CMS 20 II
    Agfa Scala 200X
    Agfa Copex Rapid
    Fomapan R
    Ilford Delta 100 (120)
    Rollei Retro 80S
    Rollei Superpan 200
    Rollei Retro 400S
    Rollei IR

As you are living in the UK, the most convenient option for you is probably sending your films to one of the 5 BW reversal labs in Germany (Germany is the "paradise for slide film shooters", in no other market reversal film is so popular).
    I can recommend Photostudio 13 www.photostudio13.de (they are developing all the above mentioned films in the [modified] Scala reversal process) and
    Klaus Wehner www.schwarz-weiss-dia.de (he has designed his own high-end 20-step reversal process).
    Both labs do international business / shipping.

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Holy-Cow.... 'the bleach recipe' ...
    ..hold on to your seats....

Quote Originally Posted by coigach View Post

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Henning Serger View Post
    Hello,

BW transparencies in general look best if your film has (after the reversal development) a very low Dmin value, and a very high Dmax value.
    In most cases you get this using films with a clear base. The following films all have a clear base and deliver very good to excellent results reversal processed (in alphabetical order):

Adox Silvermax
    Adox CMS 20 II
    Agfa Scala 200X
    Agfa Copex Rapid
    Fomapan R
    Ilford Delta 100 (120)
    Rollei Retro 80S
    Rollei Superpan 200
    Rollei Retro 400S
    Rollei IR

As you are living in the UK, the most convenient option for you is probably sending your films to one of the 5 BW reversal labs in Germany (Germany is the "paradise for slide film shooters", in no other market reversal film is so popular).
    I can recommend Photostudio 13 www.photostudio13.de (they are developing all the above mentioned films in the [modified] Scala reversal process) and
    Klaus Wehner www.schwarz-weiss-dia.de (he has designed his own high-end 20-step reversal process).
    Both labs do international business / shipping.

Best regards,
    Henning
    I second that. Photostudio13 does a magnificent job. It's also cheap comparing to other labs.
    Another option is the Foma reversal kit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin