Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,405   Online: 1097

Thread: Acros in 8x10??

Shooter
    Multi Format

Acros in 8x10??

Fred at The View Camera Store is listing 20 sheet boxes of Fuji Acros 8x10 for $89.95. Does anyone know when Acros became available in 8x10 or should I just suspect the VCS's website of being on crack? ;-)

Dean

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanC
    Fred at The View Camera Store is listing 20 sheet boxes of Fuji Acros 8x10 for $89.95. Does anyone know when Acros became available in 8x10 or should I just suspect the VCS's website of being on crack? ;-)

Dean
    Wow, I'd be thrilled just to get non-Quickload 4x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bjorke's friend Dirk at Megaperls in Japan has it listed

http://www.unicircuits.com/shop/prod...products_id=30

He lists Acros 4x5 in loose sheets, too.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Large Format

Dean
    ACROS has been available for many years in 8x10, I got mine from Badger about 3 years ago. I liked it but it is pricy and not all that special for the money. This shot was taken with ACROS developed in ABC pyro.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Dean
    I have gotten acros in 8x10 from VCS - almost 2 years ago.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I received my order of 8x10 ACROS from Fred today.

I love this film in 4x5 developed in XTOL 1:1 and can't wait to shoot it in 8x10

Jim
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"...Wayne Gretzky

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I cannot see the worth of this film for contact printing as grain is so very fine. Its real value is in large enlargements. It is unlikely to produce enough grain and edge for biting sharp contacts no matter what its dev'd in. I have used it with Dixactol in 5x4. Grain still effectively invisible at 20x24. I would probably not want to use it in 10x8 unless prints were exceeding 40" plus as other films would still give grainless prints with lower cost and (for me) the preferable look of traditional films.

Tom

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    and (for me) the preferable look of traditional films
    Tom,

The Look is exactly the reason that I want to try. As stated above I love this combination in 4x5.

Jim
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"...Wayne Gretzky

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin